Quick Question Thread

Didn't even read that part tbh. Yeah, you need to get on from Glasgow Central/Argyll Street to Dalmarnock. Could swander along Glasgow Green to get there, or could get one of the city cycle bikes as there's a terminal at the Emirates.

Why do the staff in Burger King ask you what soft drink you're having when you go up to the machine and pour it yourself?

I always thought it was either

1. To laugh at all the fats that order 3 supersize meals and then a diet soft drink.

2. So they can spit in the food of the weirdos who order a bottle of water.

I was trying to find a thread on 9/11 as its that day again today and i could bump it but couldn't find one? Was certain there was one on here

Here you go, guess who last posted on it.. http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/91587-911/page-5#entry8770488

Why are Celtic pronounced "Seltic" as opposed to "Keltic"

Tie-in deal with the Boston Celtics that never took off. Up until 1946, everyone called them "Keltic".

Granny Danger will confirm.

Do you need to believe in God to become a Vicar/Priest/Reverend etc.?

I work across the road from a church and the Vicar (or whatever one he is) lives in a massive house that he doesn't pay for. The church takes care of it for him. He'll be on a pretty penny as well and that's before christenings/weddings/funerals in which he gets more for. He averages 2 christenings a week.

As an atheist I'd be the last person to become one, but it got me thinking if you need to practice what you preach? If you did your research and knew the bible well then does believing in god come into it? This guy doesn't need to pay a mortgage yet has a house I could only dream of, he'll be on a decent basic wage, he'll make a shit tonne of money from the things mentioned above and he only has to work a Sunday (:P). Who wouldn't be interested in a career like that?

I know overall it's a daft question and the answer is obvious. But you could surely wing it?? :o

Do you need to believe in God to become a Vicar/Priest/Reverend etc.?

I work across the road from a church and the Vicar (or whatever one he is) lives in a massive house that he doesn't pay for. The church takes care of it for him. He'll be on a pretty penny as well and that's before christenings/weddings/funerals in which he gets more for. He averages 2 christenings a week.

As an atheist I'd be the last person to become one, but it got me thinking if you need to practice what you preach? If you did your research and knew the bible well then does believing in god come into it? This guy doesn't need to pay a mortgage yet has a house I could only dream of, he'll be on a decent basic wage, he'll make a shit tonne of money from the things mentioned above and he only has to work a Sunday ( :P). Who wouldn't be interested in a career like that?

I know overall it's a daft question and the answer is obvious. But you could surely wing it?? :o

No, but I think there's a lot of work involved.

When the wife and I first got together, I used to joke that I'd start my own religion to get a visa to enter the US. I think you had to prove that you'd been doing it for a few years and had followers, but they would wave you right in. Considering how many credulous people walk among us, religion is the golden meal ticket for psychopaths.