Quick Question Thread

I've got a Skype interview this afternoon with three or four people who I'll be managing (if I get the job).

Any idea what I should wear? It's an IT company and everyone seems to dress casual... I wore a suit for the first interview with the big guns, but not sure if it's appropriate here. And what kind of questions should I ask them?

I've got a Skype interview this afternoon with three or four people who I'll be managing (if I get the job).

Any idea what I should wear? It's an IT company and everyone seems to dress casual... I wore a suit for the first interview with the big guns, but not sure if it's appropriate here. And what kind of questions should I ask them?

Green mankini.

Do you lift?

Nothing from the waist down.

Nothing from the waist down.

A few years ago, I had a video interview with a French company. I wore the whole suit and tie ensemble but reasoned that they'd never see my feet, so I just wore my tiger slippers.

The interview went fine and we were chatting away at the end when one of them complimented me on looking so smart. Without thinking, I then lifted my feet up to the camera and said "Aye, you've not seen my feet though".

It seemed to work since they offered me the job.

A few years ago, I had a video interview with a French company. I wore the whole suit and tie ensemble but reasoned that they'd never see my feet, so I just wore my tiger slippers.

The interview went fine and we were chatting away at the end when one of them complimented me on looking so smart. Without thinking, I then lifted my feet up to the camera and said "Aye, you've not seen my feet though".

It seemed to work since they offered me the job.

Thank f**k you weren't sitting with your banger out.

How long would it take to travel to the nearest star (not the Sun)?

The nearest star is Proxima Centauri at a distance of 4.2 light years. At a speed of 150,000 miles per hour from a passive slingshot maneuver, it would take about 17,900 years to reach this star.

I wonder if Hibs will have won the Scottish Cup by then.

Let's start asking and answering our own questions in the same post, that'll be fun.

The guy comes up with the most bizarre facts and figures, sometimes completely out of the blue, all over the forum. Really weird behaviour.