Quick Question Thread

Last night I nipped out to Tesco to buy some gin Golden Virginia and they were playing Manfred Mann's Pretty Flamingo as background music so, when I got home, I looked it up on Youtube as I'd not heard it for decades and found this:

I can identify most of the cars: the drophead e-type the girls steps out of; a couple of Morris Oxfords, a Ford Zodiac, a Cortina and a clutch of London cabs.  There's a light-coloured sports coupé at 10 seconds that I haven't a clue about.  Any suggestions?

Edited by The_Kincardine

Just now, Mozzamozza said:

Funnily enough, dosa is a breakfast food.

But you meant having the skitters, right?

Correct. I actually read your post several times to check if you had made the same joke.

I'm disappointed in you - you've changed :(

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Last night I nipped out to Tesco to buy some gin Golden Virginia and they were playing Manfred Mann's Pretty Flamingo as background music so, when I got home, I looked it up on Youtube as I'd not heard it for decades and found this:

I can identify most of the cars: the drophead e-type the girls steps out of; a couple of Morris Oxfords, a Ford Zodiac, a Cortina and a clutch of London cabs.  There's a light-coloured sports coupé at 10 seconds that I haven't a clue about.  Any suggestions?

It's an MG MGA coupe.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Give that man a coconut!  You're on the money, chap.  I just googled your reply and you're dead right.  Absolutely gorgeous vehicle:

mg mga.JPG

Happy to help! In fact, I'm always happy to provide a chap some relief. Find me down Leith docks Thursday and Saturday nights.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Austin Healey,  might be a Sprite.

More colourful flying things in the garden now, this time discovered when mowing the lawn beside the small waist height shed... in the form of wasps. Lots and lots of wasps. Here be nest.

Probably won't even get the stiff padlock off without getting stung to fcuk (never mind reaching inside to spray anything, wherever the nest may be) but there's a 10x1cm gap along the top of the door which they're using to get in and out. Will putting some Rentokil powder along / around this be enough to calm the buggers down or do you need to burn the whole thing down and build another shed?

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

More colourful flying things in the garden now, this time discovered when mowing the lawn beside the small waist height shed... in the form of wasps. Lots and lots of wasps. Here be nest.

Probably won't even get the stiff padlock off without getting stung to fcuk (never mind reaching inside to spray anything, wherever the nest may be) but there's a 10x1cm gap along the top of the door which they're using to get in and out. Will putting some Rentokil powder along / around this be enough to calm the buggers down or do you need to burn the whole thing down and build another shed?

If only P&B had a resident expert on locking animals in then flame grilling them...

Coated the top of the shed opening with the powder and quickly bolted. Looked back from the kitchen window to see a whole bunch of wasps going absolutely mental for about 15 mins, but landing on it nonetheless. That's what you get for not paying rent on my patch. My heart bleeds for the little yellowback b*****ds slowly dying in their beds just now.

11 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Coated the top of the shed opening with the powder and quickly bolted. Looked back from the kitchen window to see a whole bunch of wasps going absolutely mental for about 15 mins, but landing on it nonetheless. That's what you get for not paying rent on my patch. My heart bleeds for the little yellowback b*****ds slowly dying in their beds just now.

^^^
How Hitler started