Quick Question Thread

2 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I assume that young Sunderland fan that was ill has died?

I only ask because my Facebook and Twitter is awash with cloying, look how much I care and how upset I am, posts about him this morning.

The irony of course being that if he wasn't a football fan, no team would have taken up his cause, and apart from those around him, nobody would have known, far less cared. 

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

The irony of course being that if he wasn't a football fan, no team would have taken up his cause, and apart from those around him, nobody would have known, far less cared. 

You can all draw your own conclusions, but the main offender on my FB timeline this morning is a Celtic fan that seems to be alternating between liking, sharing and commenting on stories about him and tear stained #stripthetitles articles. 

Currently in Verona and this is the bottled beer list of the cafe. As is the norm here, jakey rocket fuel is included.

daea54ace33ab11ade9963da4524b23e.jpg

Been there before and I think of this whenever I see a (£4.20) bottle of Peroni on a menu over here.

I seen it on draught in a few places in Milan.  I think they drink it in half pints.
I do like on the can the superfluous "9% Please Drink Responsibly" as if it's not bought with the sole aim of drinking till they shit themselves.  

It also says serve ice cold. What kind of park benches have freezers or ice dispensers?

2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

For some bizarre reason it's a premium  beer over there and not drank by piss ridden tramps like over here.

Because to them it's an exotic imported beer. 

3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I assume that young Sunderland fan that was ill has died?

I only ask because my Facebook and Twitter is awash with cloying, look how much I care and how upset I am, posts about him this morning.

The new look Google News page mixes up pics and news quite strangely.

charlie.JPG.7963661af4836a1bc6d4f1d00536a9bd.JPG

In the last half hour 4 or 5 cars have driven very slowly past my house.

They all had at least two people in them and they were all really staring at ma hoose. 

Some of them had a notice on the back window stating "CAR ON TREASURE HUNT".

Anybody heard of that?

That's a relief, I thought they might have been weirdos.

since my last post another two have gone past. I'm thinking of creating a false clue for them.

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

In the last half hour 4 or 5 cars have driven very slowly past my house.

They all had at least two people in them and they were all really staring at ma hoose. 

Some of them had a notice on the back window stating "CAR ON TREASURE HUNT".

Anybody heard of that?

The clue probably says, "What number is the house with the weird guy peering out from behind the curtains?"

11 minutes ago, GordonD said:

The clue probably says, "What number is the house with the weird guy peering out from behind the curtains?"

I'm not peering. I'm staring. Some of them look quite embarrassed.

I was in Asda very early this morning. It just occurred to me that the man at the checkout next to me was a ringer for a gingery Jason Statham and was in Network Rail gear. Could I have encountered Bobby Skidmarks?

21 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Football scarves for games on summer days, yay or nay?

On a similar note, half and half scarves are rightly scorned, but they were flogging them at the Stranraer vs FC Twente game yesterday. Is that more acceptable?