Quick Question Thread

Just now, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Perhaps because I carried on for a couple of years with it after (before finally admiitting I was shite at it). Kincy is right though.. I'm sure after a couple of days you'd be back in the swing of things. 

I never understood maths or French in the first place, I'm not going to do any better eight and nine years removed (respectively).

After looking at my papers I think the most shocking thing is that Lanark by Alasdair Gray was one of the set texts in advanced higher English. f**k knows what would happen if you tried to teach that to 17 year olds.

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It seems supermarkets only stock mini babybels, my question is, was there ever a standard babybel? I seem to remember you could get great big ones. Am I recalling incorrectly?

This size?

img_1325.jpg

(that pic may just be Jeremy Beadle holding a mini one btw)

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Thats the ones.

Really? I thought it was a photoshop. Who the f**k could eat that much cheese?!

Anyway, onto my question...

I've finally decided to herald my middle-class status and celebrate holding down a job for a week by getting a cleaner. 

I was in a bit of a quandary whether to give them the keys and let them get on with it, or whether I should be there during the event. I didn't really fancy having a complete stranger going through my underwear drawer, so opted for the latter. 

But here's the thing. I'm going to feel a bit of a p***k sitting there like a Lord of the Manor while they're cleaning up after me. So what would be an acceptable activity to engage in while they are cleaning?

6 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I've finally decided to herald my middle-class status and celebrate holding down a job for a week by getting a cleaner. 

I was in a bit of a quandary whether to give them the keys and let them get on with it, or whether I should be there during the event. I didn't really fancy having a complete stranger going through my underwear drawer, so opted for the latter. 

But here's the thing. I'm going to feel a bit of a p***k sitting there like a Lord of the Manor while they're cleaning up after me. So what would be an acceptable activity to engage in while they are cleaning?

https://www.naturistcleaners.co.uk

Just have a wee chug 

Go for a shite but leave the door open so you can see them pottering about cleaning.

Heh. Wondered how long it would take someone take to say "have a w**k" and it was the first point. Kudos Deej. 

I like your idea NJ, but I can't really shite for an hour, plus they're going to have to clean the toilet at some point (God help them). 

27 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Just give them a key. Unless you've recruited some weegie scally they're not going to nick anything.

Heh. Wondered how long it would take someone take to say "have a w**k" and it was the first point. Kudos Deej. 
I like your idea NJ, but I can't really shite for an hour, plus they're going to have to clean the toilet at some point (God help them). 

Half hour shiting, door open live posting on P&B, half hour in the shower while they clean the rest of the bathroom.

42 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Just give them a key. Unless you've recruited some weegie scally they're not going to nick anything.

Funny you should say that, cos it is some weegie scally. Not so worried about them nicking stuff, more that I'd like to meet them and show them around and where everything is. 

Keys is the only answer. Just ask for a couple of references and proof of ID and home address. Unless you've got wads of cash lying about, they're not going to nick anything. Your shite ain't worth f**k all on the black market.

I hate being in when our cleaner comes round. As you say, it somehow makes you feel like a p***k sitting about while they work. I work from home a couple of days a week and even if I'm absorbed in my laptop it still makes me feel a lazy beggar.

15 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Funny you should say that, cos it is some weegie scally. Not so worried about them nicking stuff, more that I'd like to meet them and show them around and where everything is. 

I look forward to picking up a few bargains from Gumtree when they flog all of your gear.

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I would have thought that the purpose of employing a cleaner was that you were working and therefore didn't have the time to do your own cleaning.

Given that you have got time to sit and watch the cleaner perhaps you should just do it yourself instead of being a pretentious w****r?

5 minutes ago, monkeyblair said:

I would have thought that the purpose of employing a cleaner was that you were working and therefore didn't have the time to do your own cleaning.

Given that you have got time to sit and watch the cleaner perhaps you should just do it yourself instead of being a pretentious w****r?

The cleaner is coming on Sunday! And whenever I have done the cleaning - much like ironing - it looks like I've not done it. I'd rather pay a professional!

28 minutes ago, monkeyblair said:

There's nothing pretentious about paying someone to do something you'd rather not do yourself.

21 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

The cleaner is coming on Sunday! And whenever I have done the cleaning - much like ironing - it looks like I've not done it. I'd rather pay a professional!

Have you not got a garden to laze about in?

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

There's nothing pretentious about paying someone to do something you'd rather not do yourself.

Have you not got a garden to laze about in?

Not really. It's a top-floor flat. I think what I'll do is meet them, show them where everything is, then nip out to an important meeting (i.e. the pub). :)

^^^^^^^^

Can't afford a cleaner.

ETA. My cleaner is coming tomorrow at 3pm. I'll let her in, then disappear to the gym for a couple of hours while she gets on with it.

First time using the new cleaner, who's actually a friend of mine, as the old one got the punt being generally shite and putting her prices up.

At my first job in London I had to work alternate Saturdays. The cleaners would be in working away in the morning. They looked like a troupe of Carribbean strippers. They'd be crawling about on desks, reaching up to clean blinds etc. It was tremendous.

At my first job in London I had to work alternate Saturdays. The cleaners would be in working away in the morning. They looked like a troupe of Carribbean strippers. They'd be crawling about on desks, reaching up to clean blinds etc. It was tremendous.

You worked in London?!

1 minute ago, NorthernJambo said:

You worked in London?!

Ha ha! I was brought home prematurely from there.

My cleaner is attending today. The place is always spotless for her turning up. Missus got one of those cordless Dyson things the other day so crumbs etc are gone within milliseconds of them hitting the ground.