Quick Question Thread

49 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I've always assumed it was two slices of square in a roll, but then I found this:

"It was then to the food kiosk where I picked up a Doublaar (sausage, bacon and cheese in a roll), snickers bar and an Irn Bru, all for the bargain price of £2.60!"

(see, PB - that's how you do it)

No wonder Magees piled on the beef since he emigrated to Alloa.

Watching MOTD and the Everton vs West Brom game just came and obviously they mentioned Cyril Regis.

Do the cretinious scum who hurled racist abuse at him and/or black players cringe in utter shame at their abysmal actions now?

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Watching MOTD and the Everton vs West Brom game just came and obviously they mentioned Cyril Regis.

Do the cretinious scum who hurled racist abuse at him and/or black players cringe in utter shame at their abysmal actions now?

No chance. They probably concentrate their rage on people that can't spell his name correctly, and how much of a minter of it was that Grief FC had to have a minutes silence/applause even though they boo a black player purely because one of their players gave him racist abuse once.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

They'd just be happy he's dead, surely, and no longer living proof of their idiocy.

I don't remember any racism towards him or the other black players in Coventry, by the way, even before the FA Cup win. Bloody West Bromwich scumbags and their prejudices.

I've booked a villa in Portugal for a week in March, I was just about to book the flights through Jet2 when I clicked on their holiday bit by mistake, it turns out that booking a package holiday for those dates is cheaper than the flights and adding on the luggage/seats etc.

My question is, can I book a package holiday then fly out and simply not turn up to the transfers/hotel etc and just turn up for the return flight?

37 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I've booked a villa in Portugal for a week in March, I was just about to book the flights through Jet2 when I clicked on their holiday bit by mistake, it turns out that booking a package holiday for those dates is cheaper than the flights and adding on the luggage/seats etc.

My question is, can I book a package holiday then fly out and simply not turn up to the transfers/hotel etc and just turn up for the return flight?

You will be a popular lad whilst the other punters are waiting for you to board the coach at the airport and hotel, but you won’t be the first nor last to do it

20 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Never flown Jet2, but you're painting a picture for me here:

908084.jpg

Its either them or Ryanair at the times we want unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

You will be a popular lad whilst the other punters are waiting for you to board the coach at the airport and hotel, but you won’t be the first nor last to do it

So it is possible? But a shitty thing to do? Meh, I can live with that.

9 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

The answer to your question is - yes, you can do it.

My additional answer is - you may be able to remove the transfers from the package later on in the booking journey (on the extras page), so you might even save a little bit more cash.  Most Tour Operators have their packages split down into component parts, and you can pick'n'choose what you want to retain from transfers, in flight meals, booking your seat in advance, etc.

10 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I've done it before, not a problem.