Quick Question Thread

1 minute ago, ah-dee said:

hopefully someone on here will kniw this. reluctantly got a new phone a few weeks ago and still cant work out how yo take a screenshot. anyone got a clue? its a samsung j3.

IIRC press the home and off button at the same time.

8 hours ago, Myko said:

Anyone here proficient with Tax/NI and also claiming mileage back that can PM me ?

I do part-time work on the side which I need to declare and need some advice with number-crunching.

Cheers

Okay - a more basic approach would be the following question :

Can a business mileage claim be more than the actual tax bill ? 

e.g. if i were due HMRC £1000, and i was able to claim £1125 in mileage (45p/mile for 2500 miles), would the mileage off-set the tax bill and would i get a £125 rebate ?

e.g. if i were due HMRC £1000, and i was able to claim £1125 in mileage (45p/mile for 2500 miles), would the mileage off-set the tax bill and would i get a £125 rebate ?

If your surname Google or Apple then yes

9 minutes ago, Myko said:

Not remotely an expert on this, my experience has been doing as little as possible through PAYE to keep me street legal and earning the rest in cash, but I'd say you were right. It might cost you £400 for an accountant to sort it out for you though, if you're thinking of switching to self employed. Other posters will be more qualified to give you advice on this than me.

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Not remotely an expert on this, my experience has been doing as little as possible through PAYE to keep me street legal and earning the rest in cash, but I'd say you were right. It might cost you £400 for an accountant to sort it out for you though, if you're thinking of switching to self employed. Other posters will be more qualified to give you advice on this than me.

Or to put it another way - If you get banged up for tax fraud don't blame me!

I have to give a ghost tour for some young Scouts (S1-3 or so)  this coming Friday in an old part of Aberdeen, so to add to the complete fabrication I already have intended, any good stories you can come up with (or pinch from tours you've been on before)?

I'm not after 'Green Lady' or 'Little Girl appears on the stairwell' type stuff, I'm talking stories that should scare the living bejeezus out of them, although not so bad that the parents call me up because wee Jimmy hasn't slept for two weeks and needs therapy. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

6 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I have to give a ghost tour for some young Scouts (S1-3 or so)  this coming Friday in an old part of Aberdeen, so to add to the complete fabrication I already have intended, any good stories you can come up with (or pinch from tours you've been on before)?

I'm not after 'Green Lady' or 'Little Girl appears on the stairwell' type stuff, I'm talking stories that should scare the living bejeezus out of them, although not so bad that the parents call me up because wee Jimmy hasn't slept for two weeks and needs therapy. 

.....but it was only The Company that died....

11 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Maw Sanchez is moaning about it snowing three days a year. Does anyone know a place in Glasgow where you can get these?

crampons-semelle-anti-glisse-anti-vergla

The grip on her pair has worn off and I can't find the right size on amazon.

Home Bargains sell Home Bargains standard knockoff crampons like these ^^. Yes, really - a shop selling crampons in Wester Hailes. Not sure if weegie Home Bargains are as advanced but could be worth checking. 

Tell the lads that this guy has been released.
Just ignore the phone calls from parents.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/news/local/paedophile-jailed-for-five-years/

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Tell them the Black Death was spread by rats jumping out of the toilet and chewing their baws.

WTM has been quiet for a while, presumably “on tour”, perhaps in Aberdeen. For a small (large) fee I’d be available to jump out at some point. I’ll even take a swing at a few of them for a negotiable rate...?

Cant remember the full story but there was one that ended up with a person being stuck inside a car, hearing a knocking sound on the roof and it was the ghost using his wife's head.  Or a dildo.  Cant remember tbh.

I’ve heard that one, definitely a dildo, it was the Ann Summers rep. Turns out she was suffering from a sickness bug, hence the ghost-like appearance.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I hope you're not planning to give them the willies?

21 hours ago, Myko said:

No.

You can't claim a mileage allowance off Hmrc. 45p is what an employer can pay you to cover the cost without it being counted as earnings.

If your employer taxed you on this then they are numbnuts and you need to have a word.

If you want to claim against your self employment you can have actual fuel costs, maybe a portion of repairs and insurance and capital allowances (restricted for personal use).

That's £100 please

Tell all the wee kids that a Terminator killed their dad and has been impersonating him like the T1000, and that he has also been shagging their maw. Explain that the Terminator will kill them at a totally random point, adding that it could be tonight or it could be in 10 years.

Also tell them that the Alien from the Aliens films was spotted in the area and will almost definitely get them when it's dark.