Quick Question Thread

Can someone tell me what the arrows are to the left of my WiFi signal? 

How do I get rid of it. 

_20171103_195534.thumb.JPG.b0cae2d5de21b48e66423f740288ff4b.JPG

Looks like the wee up and down data thing, or are they both there all the time.?

Just means the phone is transferring data

This is mine 8c94b1d68a1c9d631048723c677590b7.jpg

On the subject of phone symbols, I went to Norway a couple of months ago and ever since I've been back all of my ae's (in eg. aeroplane, nae) display as that Norwegian single letter. My phone's language settings are set to English (UK) and I've cleared the data/cache from Chrome and the P&B app, yet it always come up like Norwegian. Any ideas how to get rid of it? (Android / Samsung)

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

On the subject of phone symbols, I went to Norway a couple of months ago and ever since I've been back all of my ae's (in eg. aeroplane, nae) display as that Norwegian single letter. My phone's language settings are set to English (UK) and I've cleared the data/cache from Chrome and the P&B app, yet it always come up like Norwegian. Any ideas how to get rid of it? (Android / Samsung)

Nei

8 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Settings-language

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Every possible setting visible there is set to 'English (United Kingdom)'

Steal a goat, slit its throat and cover your naked body with its blood, crying "this is for Odin". And post pics. That should sort it.

What chatting with colleagues about Premium Bonds ... with interests rates still really low, you're almost as well putting your cash in Premium Bonds with a small chance of a big win... the advantage being if interest rates go up or you need the money, you can just withdraw again. 

So I was going to buy some, but then I realised that the draw is made on the 1st of the month, so no point in buying them yet - I'll earn a modicum of interest in the next 25 days or so. 

But my question is this ... is there anything to stop you buying all your Premium bonds on the last day of the month, then selling them as soon as the draw is made? Is there some sort of minimum period you need to keep them for?

What chatting with colleagues about Premium Bonds ... with interests rates still really low, you're almost as well putting your cash in Premium Bonds with a small chance of a big win... the advantage being if interest rates go up or you need the money, you can just withdraw again. 
So I was going to buy some, but then I realised that the draw is made on the 1st of the month, so no point in buying them yet - I'll earn a modicum of interest in the next 25 days or so. 
But my question is this ... is there anything to stop you buying all your Premium bonds on the last day of the month, then selling them as soon as the draw is made? Is there some sort of minimum period you need to keep them for?

b98afe03c2fbe94e1f0192510143ad23.jpg

0da2770185abb7d8dd86c4a8b18b6298.jpg

Better in a Santander 123 account. Or an aggressive stocks and shares isa

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Has anyone put shutters in their house? Which companies are decent to use? Seems to be millions of blind companies and I know about none of them.

If you have French doors anywhere i can't recommend fitted blinds highly enough.

5 hours ago, Rugster said:

I used them recently. Excellent. 

Not sure shutters will keep you out his house though.

Nice to see Pars and Falkirk posters being friends. 

Bairnardo keeps the doors and windows locked these days and just enters and exits via the cat flap.