Quick Question Thread

18 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Wedding present values (going for the full day in both instances):  how much for i) cousin's wedding & ii) friend's wedding?

I would say that it depends if they've been living together for a while - they probably already have a lot of the household stuff they would otherwise need if they're setting up home from scratch. In which case the value of the present can be less.

Why does PB get banned all the time? He's usually quite funny and only occasionally gets a bit personal when posters rise to the bait of his gentle teasing. They've got the pitchforks out on the cycling thread because he hoped PSG would win because the other side were English. 

I'm a 31" inside leg so should I buy 30" or 32" jeans? I've never figured it out properly but have got all my suit trousers taken up to a 31". What is P&B's take on this great problem, what do all my fellow between sizers do

13 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

I'm a 31" inside leg so should I buy 30" or 32" jeans? I've never figured it out properly but have got all my suit trousers taken up to a 31". What is P&B's take on this great problem, what do all my fellow between sizers do

a perr o' nicky tams should do ye fine! 

5c898c0a8c429_nickytams.jpg.eca7ab264f9149975bf070ee5971919d.jpg

7 hours ago, Adam101 said:

images (10).jpeg

7 hours ago, Dele said:

It depends on the cut of the trouser, I'd reckon. Tapered fit would be passable as a 30". Bootcut wouldn't. 

Then again, bootcut are never passable. 

Cheers, who is buying bootcut, I was the the Levi shop and they had loads of jeans boot cut

10 hours ago, Adam101 said:

This is maybe a crazy solution but have you thought about buying jeans with a 31” leg? That’s what I usually do anyway but each to their own. 

Sometimes when eating out I'll order the burger, which hopefully comes with many different layers of tasty food and is so big it needs a stick to hold it together.

I'm prone to devouring this with a knife and fork. Some think I'm weird for doing this. I think it's totally justified.

Who's right?

12 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Gap do freaky leg lengths.

Sometimes when eating out I'll order the burger, which hopefully comes with many different layers of tasty food and is so big it needs a stick to hold it together.

I'm prone to devouring this with a knife and fork. Some think I'm weird for doing this. I think it's totally justified.

Who's right?
Beast

40 minutes ago, The Stig said:

if there is any builders on here or anyone that has had the work done, i am thinking of putting an extension on my house.  How much should I approximately budget for in order to get the work done?

Architect told me to expect £1,000 per sq m, extension was 30 sq m, but lowest quote was £46,000