Quick Question Thread

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

This is maybe a crazy solution but have you thought about buying jeans with a 31” leg? That’s what I usually do anyway but each to their own. 

Where have you found 31" leg jeans

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

I've found waist sizes come in even numbers but can get leg lengths in both even and odd. I usually get 31" legs too.

cheers, maybe I havnt been looking hard enough

Bought some jeans at Target when I was back in the States last year - they appear to just dump them all together randomly, so you have to have a rummage to find your size. Some bizarre combinations that make you wonder what the buyer would look like - I found a 24/36 and another pair that were something like 46/24  :blink:

(38/33, BTW, if anyone's shopping for my birthday)

44 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I've found waist sizes come in even numbers but can get leg lengths in both even and odd. I usually get 31" legs too.

Really? I tend to find inside legs are odd numbers and waists are even. Being a shortarse I have to buy 29", which is becoming increasingly harder as my waist expands.

Bought some jeans at Target when I was back in the States last year - they appear to just dump them all together randomly, so you have to have a rummage to find your size. Some bizarre combinations that make you wonder what the buyer would look like - I found a 24/36 and another pair that were something like 46/24  :blink:
(38/33, BTW, if anyone's shopping for my birthday)
For your birthday I'd imagine you would only want cake you fat c**t[emoji6]

44 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Pm me x

Marks and Spencer skinny fit stretch. Not as auld man as you'd expect. Black or dark blue.

Also, they have piles of utter tat to wade through but TK Maxx will usually have 31 legs, some of which you can wear without looking like Bobby Shmurda.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Sometimes when eating out I'll order the burger, which hopefully comes with many different layers of tasty food and is so big it needs a stick to hold it together.

I'm prone to devouring this with a knife and fork. Some think I'm weird for doing this. I think it's totally justified.

Who's right?

As always it certainly isn't you.

Scum.

34 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

For your birthday I'd imagine you would only want cake you fat c**temoji6.png

I'd take cake...

...but secretly, I'd be thinking about trousers.

Are we talking single or double storey when estimating £1000/£1500 per square metre? Something I'd be looking at doing down the line.
f**k knows I just blurted out a number that seems to be commonly spoken about on this subject. Maybe its an urban myth...

If anyone knows anything about insurance then I would appreciate some advice.

So, I was in an accident 3 and a half years ago. Guy went into the back of me on the motorway. He had to veer out of the lane to avoid hitting me and scudded the rear passenger side of the car, knocking the lights out, damaging the boot and the bumper. Fairly open and shut.

Exchanged details, he phoned his insurance the next day 9am on the dot to make a claim and get the ball rolling. They then phoned my insurer and said they had been instructed to settle and everything was rosy.

My car was taken, courtesy car was provided and it was all repaired. No issues.

Letter came in from my insurer before Christmas just there saying the third party had yet to pay and would I be willing to go to court if required. They assured me that it generally never makes it to court and I said yes, I'd be willing.

Got another letter about 6 weeks ago from a legal firm saying they had now been instructed to pursue the money. Then got another letter today saying they are now taking them to court and I've to fill in a statement saying what happened.

What I would like to know is, do they have any sort of case, considering he went into the back of me and claimed liability at the time?

Does the driver even know about this or is it the insurance company's doing?

What could he possibly be arguing? (will be speaking to the lawyers on the phone tomorrow to clarify this in particular)

Any advice or info would be much appreciated

3 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Any advice or info would be much appreciated

All I can think is his insurance company found out he was behind on his premiums or had broken the rules in some other way, after accepting liability. No experience of this stuff though, @Honest Saints Fan might be able to help.

All I can think is his insurance company found out he was behind on his premiums or had broken the rules in some other way, after accepting liability. No experience of this stuff though, [mention=15536]Honest Saints Fan[/mention] might be able to help.
Never thought of that. Just sweating buckets over here in case I say something that maybe plays into their hands