Quick Question Thread

Guest Moomintroll
Because originally they actually were panini stickers. That's what they showed - photos of various bread-based products. They didn't sell very well and somebody had the idea of them showing pictures of footballers instead.
Facts you made up thread for this pish.

When I'm soaking in the bath with my mint tea, I'll happily spend an hour watching videos of a sport that I mention too much (not football) and car videos (Harry's Garage, Carfection...) but probably not any football videos (unless Stevie Crawford is looking especially fine in the DAFC thumbnails). Maybe your theory is correct? 

I’ll try not to ponder too long on you in the bath, if that’s okay?

53 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
7 hours ago, GordonD said:
Because originally they actually were panini stickers. That's what they showed - photos of various bread-based products. They didn't sell very well and somebody had the idea of them showing pictures of footballers instead.

Facts you made up thread for this pish.

Already reposted there!

I'm booking flights and I'm going to be flying into Stansted, getting off my flight then getting on another 2hrs later. Do I need to leave the airport to come back in? Is 2hrs long enough (only hand luggage) 

I'm booking flights and I'm going to be flying into Stansted, getting off my flight then getting on another 2hrs later. Do I need to leave the airport to come back in? Is 2hrs long enough (only hand luggage) 

If its not a single booking then you’ll probably have to leave the secure area and go through again, why not ask the airline?

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If its not a single booking then you’ll probably have to leave the secure area and go through again, why not ask the airline?

It's online and two different airlines. I realise I'd have to leave certain bits it was more a question of have I got a massive trek to get from arrivals to departures? 

Apologies if it was a bit vague. 

23 minutes ago, Dele said:

You'll probably have to leave and go back through security on the way out, but on the the  way back you should be able to avoid security, assuming you're going Scotland-Stansted-Abroad and back again. 2 hrs should be plenty time anyway, especially with only a carry on bag.

Edited by welshbairn

24 minutes ago, Dele said:

If memory serves, Stanstead is a single terminal so the international and domestic departures are in the same place. So after you get off the plane, you should just need to go to the gate for your next flight. If you walk out of the secure area, you'd have to go through security again.

19 minutes ago, MSU said:

If memory serves, Stanstead is a single terminal so the international and domestic departures are in the same place. So after you get off the plane, you should just need to go to the gate for your next flight. If you walk out of the secure area, you'd have to go through security again.

If he arrives on a domestic flight there will be minimal checks if any, and he'll have to go back through security for an international flight to get his passport checked in case he's on a watch list, which he probably is.

1 minute ago, Dele said:

I'm flying in from Portugal then onto Dundee. I know I'd need security but just wondered how mazy Stansted was. Sounds like I'll have time for a couple pint. 8)

In that case you should be able to transfer to the departure lounge after the passport check, avoiding having to go through security again. So 4 pints. :)

47 minutes ago, MSU said:

Remember though, even though it's a single terminal, some of the furthest-away domestic gates are a full 10-15 minute walk from the terminal building. He'll have to go all the way into the terminal, then clear security all over again - I'm pretty sure that there's no internal transfer for connecting flights.

However, assuming that the first flight is on time, it should be OK. Even if security is busy and he's at the furthest away gate, he should be no more than an hour getting from gate to gate

5 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Remember though, even though it's a single terminal, some of the furthest-away domestic gates are a full 10-15 minute walk from the terminal building. He'll have to go all the way into the terminal, then clear security all over again - I'm pretty sure that there's no internal transfer for connecting flights.

However, assuming that the first flight is on time, it should be OK. Even if security is busy and he's at the furthest away gate, he should be no more than an hour getting from gate to gate

Aye you're right. Thought it would be the same as Birmingham.

https://www.stanstedairport.com/help/passenger-guides/airport-transfers/

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

If he arrives on a domestic flight there will be minimal checks if any, and he'll have to go back through security for an international flight to get his passport checked in case he's on a watch list, which he probably is.

That makes sense. Particularly the watch list bit. I have what must be a false memory of just breezing through from one gate to another. It was in the 90s, right enough.