Quick Question Thread

Airbnb - yay or nay?? In Glasgow for three nights next month, I've worked out we can save nearly 85 quid by cancelling the hotel we had booked (not paid It yet though)

3 minutes ago, philpy said:

Airbnb - yay or nay?? In Glasgow for three nights next month, I've worked out we can save nearly 85 quid by cancelling the hotel we had booked (not paid It yet though)

Pool tournament?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Aye. The cue is getting smashed over yer heid.

Only kidding, I don't pick on old people. No, going to see the specials at the barrowlands on the 2nd, the it's my birthday the next day. 42 ffs. And I'm calling YOU old....

1 minute ago, philpy said:

Never had a problem, you usually get a flat for the price of a hotel room. Only ever booked the whole place though, haven't tried a room in someone's house. Got a bit complicated signing up for me, probably because I'm not on facebook or twitter, had to make a wee video selfie and upload a copy of my passport. Think the fees are about 10% of the advertised cost.

3 minutes ago, philpy said:

Aye. The cue is getting smashed over yer heid.

Only kidding, I don't pick on old people. No, going to see the specials at the barrowlands on the 2nd, the it's my birthday the next day. 42 ffs. And I'm calling YOU old....

You'll not be the oldest at The Specials. Try The Bellgrove Hotel, walking distance away.

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You'll not be the oldest at The Specials. Try The Bellgrove Hotel, walking distance away.

Heard the deco was a little tired.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15777794.horror-as-flesh-eating-bug-attacks-scotlands-homeless-population/

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Never had a problem, you usually get a flat for the price of a hotel room. Only ever booked the whole place though, haven't tried a room in someone's house. Got a bit complicated signing up for me, probably because I'm not on facebook or twitter, had to make a wee video selfie and upload a copy of my passport. Think the fees are about 10% of the advertised cost.

Aren't you always doing that?

Used it a few times, only had bother once and it was in Glasgow - my pal had booked and we got shifted from the place we booked to somewhere else but it was no big difference really. I also have only ever used it to book whole apartments and apart from getting moved from one place to another it’s always been spot on

15 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Anyone on here collect old football shirts? Trying to price a few pieces but having no luck

Where are you trying? I have a few old Pars shirts, although no older than the 90s. All of the 80s shirts I've seen on sale go for circa £80.

Shirts of Excellence is a good site.

Ebay is always worth a shot.

Classic Football Shirts might be an option.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Just been googling them but there's a few I can't even find online, mainly 80s and 90s stuff I have here

some of those mid 90s kits should be sealed in a lead casket and buried deep in the Antarctic :yucky

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Montrose/Montrose.htm