Quick Question Thread

4 hours ago, Gaz said:

If I buy a couple of large sheets of plywood from B&Q, and give them a list of sizes I need it to be, will they cut it to size for me?

IIRC the branch that used to be in Easter Road wouldn't cut them for you but would lend you the tools so you could DIY.

5 hours ago, Gaz said:

If I buy a couple of large sheets of plywood from B&Q, and give them a list of sizes I need it to be, will they cut it to size for me?

They certainly do at the Stirling branch. Even delivered them for free, last time I needed some.

Sex dungeon, is it?

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

They certainly do at the Stirling branch. Even delivered them for free, last time I needed some.

Sex dungeon, is it?

Sadly not. I'm off for the next couple of weeks so going to make myself a plyo  box

9 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Unless he was making a really meta joke about Iranian military advisor activity in the ongoing battle for control of Libya, and thus has a certain amount of geopolitical capital invested. In which case hat tip.

Think he fucked it up tbh

9 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Unless he was making a really meta joke about Iranian military advisor activity in the ongoing battle for control of Libya, and thus has a certain amount of geopolitical capital invested. In which case hat tip.

Brother Mixu, I salute your indefatigability in the face of such slapdash geographical frippery:

730B51D6-9F7D-47C0-AAAC-063E92BC97BA.jpeg

Sorry to derail the last few posts of excellent japery but does anyone collect Panini stickers ? Bit of clearing out at the weekend, found a Panini SPL ‘06 Special Game Edition (?) which is almost complete..........

Free to good home. [emoji851]If anyone wants this, PM me. Ta.

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Sorry to derail the last few posts of excellent japery but does anyone collect Panini stickers ? Bit of clearing out at the weekend, found a Panini SPL ‘06 Special Game Edition (?) which is almost complete..........

Free to good home. emoji851.pngIf anyone wants this, PM me. Ta.

Or more to the point, why are the stickers named after a baguette?

27 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Or more to the point, why are the stickers named after a baguette?

Because originally they actually were panini stickers. That's what they showed - photos of various bread-based products. They didn't sell very well and somebody had the idea of them showing pictures of footballers instead.

On a forum that covers a myriad of topics and is dominantly used by men, why is there a distinct absence of car-related threads?  I'd expect there to be a car sub-forum,  never mind a thread.  Why?  :unsure2:

Personally, I couldn't care less about cars, but I always suspect I'm in the minority.  We have a red VW Polo that contains some form of engine.  Other than the reg#, that's genuinely all I could tell you about the thing that takes us from A to B at a fraction of the price that public transport can.

Edited by Hedgecutter

On a forum that covers a myriad of topics and is dominantly used by men, why is there a distinct absence of car-related threads?  I'd expect there to be a car sub-forum,  never mind a thread.  Why?  :unsure2:
Personally, I couldn't care less about cars, but I always suspect I'm in the minority.  We have a red VW Polo that contains some form of engine.  Other than the reg#, that's genuinely all I could tell you about the thing that takes us from A to B at a fraction of the price that public transport can.

I find folk ‘overly’ in to cars aren’t that in to the fitba, and vice versa. I assume there’s car message boards predominantly used by males that don’t have much fitba coverage?

I find folk ‘overly’ in to cars aren’t that in to the fitba, and vice versa. I assume there’s car message boards predominantly used by males that don’t have much fitba coverage?
I'm on Scoobynet which has a healthy sports section.

44 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

There are a couple of car-related threads that pop up now and again on GN. You probably just glaze over them, not being into cars. Like many other threads, the car aspect of them is irrelevant and what really matters is they provide posters with a chance to be mean to other posters, despair at throbber and occasionally even be helpful to each other with things like where to buy cheap tyres. 

38 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

When I'm soaking in the bath with my mint tea, I'll happily spend an hour watching videos of a sport that I mention too much (not football) and car videos (Harry's Garage, Carfection...) but probably not any football videos (unless Stevie Crawford is looking especially fine in the DAFC thumbnails). Maybe your theory is correct?