Quick Question Thread

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

No idea, but I think there may be a connection with:

Me: Phone kept in front pocket, or inside jacket pocket.

Mrs WRK: Phone kept in handbag or coat pocket.

Rosettes: Phones kept (partly) in back pockets - winds me up to see expensive tech about to fall out.

Broken screens:

Me : None (Touches wood). Although I have cracked a couple of Kindles over the years.

Mrs WRK: None.

Rosettes : Literally, at least once a month between the forur of them. Madness, especially as the responsibility for fixing them is on the user in our family.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/06/incredible-moment-man-83mph-rollercoaster-catches-dropped-phone-10696714/

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Definitely not Ebola, woke up feeling fine after a 12 hour sleep. Was certain I was dying for a good 10-15 minutes before I slept.

Sounds like you're between Stage 1 and Stage 2 now.  Stage 3 is the real bugger I've heard

Why do women keep phones in their back pockets and men in their front pockets?
It seems to be the fashion for daft bints who care not for security or potential damage issues. Ex colleague of mine dropped 3 phones down her toilet within a year as she forgot it was hanging out her arse pocket.

Anyone on here familiar with mortgage sales?

I'm up for renewal and would much prefer to stick with HBOS for convenience, but I could go elsewhere for about £60 a month less (no fees involved). Is the rate offered by them (or any bank, for that matter) set in stone or do they have any leeway? If I phoned up and told them I was going elsewhere would they have room for manoeuvre on the price?

29 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I'm up for renewal and would much prefer to stick with HBOS for convenience, but I could go elsewhere for about £60 a month less (no fees involved). Is the rate offered by them (or any bank, for that matter) set in stone or do they have any leeway? If I phoned up and told them I was going elsewhere would they have room for manoeuvre on the price?

Happy to be proved wrong, but probably not. The rates at any decent sized company will be set centrally, and have no wiggle room.

The only thing that has a local level of control is things like admin fees, which can  be reduced or even waived. 

Get a mortgage advisor m9. If you are anywhere close to Stirling I can recommend a guy (he will come to you)

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Get a mortgage advisor m9. If you are anywhere close to Stirling I can recommend a guy (he will come to you)

I honestly don't think I need one (outside of this question). I've been here 8 years and I've got all the information I need. The issue I have is staying woth HBOS would be a click of a button, but going elsewhere might need a wee bit of admin work, which I'm sure would be more than worth £700 a year.

24 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I honestly don't think I need one (outside of this question). I've been here 8 years and I've got all the information I need. The issue I have is staying woth HBOS would be a click of a button, but going elsewhere might need a wee bit of admin work, which I'm sure would be more than worth £700 a year.

Admittedly I dont know how much you know about mortgages and the various deals out there, but over the last few years that I have put it in the hands of someone who does, its made a huge difference to my term. These folk have screeds and screeds of different offers on any given day. Bear in mind even a half or quarter percent at the higher LTV ranges can make a massive difference. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Admittedly I dont know how much you know about mortgages and the various deals out there, but over the last few years that I have put it in the hands of someone who does, its made a huge difference to my term. These folk have screeds and screeds of different offers on any given day. Bear in mind even a half or quarter percent at the higher LTV ranges can make a massive difference. 

Costs f**k all too

Right now that I have took 5 years off everyone mortgages for them, my turn.

Got a f**k ton tmof stuff needing the cowp. Skips and vans are expensive though. Anyone know of any companies in the Falkirk area that will come and take your crap away for a reasonable fee?

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Right now that I have took 5 years off everyone mortgages for them, my turn.

Got a f**k ton tmof stuff needing the cowp. Skips and vans are expensive though. Anyone know of any companies in the Falkirk area that will come and take your crap away for a reasonable fee?

Get on the fabulous* Stenny Gossip.page on Facebook. This gets asked all the time, and there's always loads of companies suggested.

*may not be fabulous.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
12 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:
Get on the fabulous* Stenny Gossip.page on Facebook. This gets asked all the time, and there's always loads of companies suggested.

*may not be fabulous.

Not on facebook brother.

A quick scroll of the page on your behalf, and this caught my eye. No idea how reasonable they are, but I thought their name was brilliant.

Screenshot_20190906-202743_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Boghead ranter