Quick Question Thread

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Nah I didn't let it go in to the emergency credit.

It may be that in the small print you’re meant to add a certain/minimum amount each month. Your frugal ways may have meant you didn’t use as much as you’re signed up to use. Great bunch the power companies.

Edited by Shandon Par

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It may be that in the small print you’re meant to add a certain/minimum amount each month. Your frugal ways may have meant you didn’t use as much as you’re signed up to use. Great bunch the power companies.

Hmm. Not sure, and imagine they would have told me.

For the Excel gurus amongst us:
I currently have a chart with a logarithmic x-axis in which there is a big difference between 10-1000 and 1000-10,000 (black text).  However, what I want is for the spacing from 10-1000 to be the same as 1000-10,000, as I have drawn over the top in green text. 
Capture.JPG.bfdb24978d19db2803c40914ae078a76.JPG

Can the desired green option be done in Excel (and if so so, how)?  I've played around with the various values with no success. 

As others have pointed out that wouldn’t be a logarithmic scale if an increase by 100 fold looked the same as a rise by 10fold

What you could do however is set the minimum for the x axis to 1 as opposed to 10

This means that 100 will be in the middle which might be closer to what you’re after

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I need some garden fire. Leaning towards a chimnea. Any recommendations?

In my experience a firepit is better than a chimnea. And more fun.

In my experience a firepit is better than a chimnea. And more fun.
That's what I thought, Mrs B thought a chiminea would be slightly safer with the kids about but unsure I buy that. I would prefer a fire pit. I think they look nicer.

Back on the table then.

54 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That's what I thought, Mrs B thought a chiminea would be slightly safer with the kids about but unsure I buy that. I would prefer a fire pit. I think they look nicer.

Back on the table then.

I wouldn't put either of them on a table

9 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I've never got the attraction of non-barbecue garden based fires. The window of days where it's dry, cold enough you need a fire but not so cold you can't sit still are so small in this country you'd need to own the thing for about seven centuries before you can say you've had your money's worth.

I thought they were just for smokers who couldn't or chose not to smoke indoors. Like the heaters for beer gardens.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Back on the table then.

Was at party last year where the chiminea was used as a bbq, Mrs B is right.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

I've never got the attraction of non-barbecue garden based fires. The window of days where it's dry, cold enough you need a fire but not so cold you can't sit still are so small in this country you'd need to own the thing for about seven centuries before you can say you've had your money's worth.

I use mine as a barbecue and simply because I enjoy chopping stuff up with a big axe and burning it. Is that a crime?