Quick Question Thread

8 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I have chopped down a tree (diameter 6-8 inches) obviously pulling up the stump would be an incredible hassle. How do I stop it growing back?

Sensible answers appreciated.

Ridiculous answers encouraged.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if this is kosher but I was told that driving a few copper nails into a stump will do the biz.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Yes. 

Thanks, I took one to be sure but the staff said once the film starts you can de mask - weird thing is all the doors are open to keep it ventilated.

Just now, 101 said:

Thanks, I took one to be sure but the staff said once the film starts you can de mask 

Oh, I never knew that. All the photos I seen the cinema up the road being tagged in everybody had their masks on while the film was on. Which in itself is weird as why are folk taking pictures of each other in the cinema when the film is on but hey ho. The world is a complicated place. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Oh, I never knew that. All the photos I seen the cinema up the road being tagged in everybody had their masks on while the film was on. Which in itself is weird as why are folk taking pictures of each other in the cinema when the film is on but hey ho. The world is a complicated place. 

Sounds like hell if the cinema are taking pictures of the audience. I wouldn't have been very photogenic I was in tears.

Edited by 101

Just now, Tynierose said:

Marley & Me?

Didn't cry at that actually. Tonight was Just Mercy. Highly recommend but if you're feeling a bit tired an emotional you might end up crying

I have chopped down a tree (diameter 6-8 inches) obviously pulling up the stump would be an incredible hassle. How do I stop it growing back?

Sensible answers appreciated.

Ridiculous answers encouraged.

Thanks in advance.

There are youtube tutorials on how to saw down into the stump enough to that you can burn it down.

Alternatively if you’re going to do the job properly then you’ll need to hire a Stump Grinder

11 hours ago, 101 said:

Sounds like hell if the cinema are taking pictures of the audience. I wouldn't have been very photogenic I was in tears.

Don't they do that to stop people pirating the film?

What's the best organ?  

A)  The Brain
B)  The Lungs
C)  The Liver 
D) The Mouth
E)  The Bladder
F) The Kidneys
E)  The Heart 
F)  The Stomach 
G) The Intestines 

You've forgot to list the biggest organ.

6 minutes ago, Monday 13th July said:

What's the best organ?  

A)  The Brain
B)  The Lungs
C)  The Liver 
D) The Mouth
E)  The Bladder
F) The Kidneys
E)  The Heart 
F)  The Stomach 
G) The Intestines 

The Hammond