Quick Question Thread

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

WD40, a drill punch or similar pushed into the bottom end of the groove and light tapping with a hammer.

You might want to try putting a flat head screwdriver in and tapping it with a hammer to try to loosen any rust on the threads before trying the above.

Tough job given how close it is to the tiles you presumably don't want to damage.

Yeah ideally leave brackets in place. First idea was to try and drill screw out or even drill through face and get at it from front 

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Yeah ideally leave brackets in place. First idea was to try and drill screw out or even drill through face and get at it from front 

Aye, if you struggle with Mixu's advice I'd be tempted to rip off the the front with an angle grinder if you have one or a hacksaw.

Every time questions like this are asked, I am reminded of Home Improvement with Tim Allen. You get the Al-like responses of "try WD40 and some light tapping with a hammer" alongside the Tim responses of "Just smash it with an angle grinder".

Lovely.

5 hours ago, bennett said:

When did walnut whips lose their walnuts and become just a whip?

Last year or the year before. There was a stooshie about it. I think M&S still do ones with walnuts.

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Last year or the year before. There was a stooshie about it. I think M&S still do ones with walnuts.

I hadn't realised the walnut ones were off the market - I thought these were just a variant.

5 hours ago, bennett said:

When did walnut whips lose their walnuts and become just a whip?

Roughly around the time Rangers died.

No, seriously. It's been ages. You can still buy them with walnuts in, but for some reason everywhere seems to only stock the walnutless ones (pish), or the caramel ones (wouldn't give them the time of day).

Now, if you want a real inquisition, when did they get rid of the extra walnut on the inside?

24 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Roughly around the time Rangers died.

No, seriously. It's been ages. You can still buy them with walnuts in, but for some reason everywhere seems to only stock the walnutless ones (pish), or the caramel ones (wouldn't give them the time of day).

Now, if you want a real inquisition, when did they get rid of the extra walnut on the inside?

🤯  They had walnuts on the inside as well!

That sounds delightful, is there some kind of walnut shortage in the world.   I need to sit down for a minute and take this in. 

3 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

🤯  They had walnuts on the inside as well!

That sounds delightful, is there some kind of walnut shortage in the world.   I need to sit down for a minute and take this in. 

When you see how much a bag of walnuts costs these days, I think you can see why they tried to move people away from the idea...