Quick Question Thread

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

Roll on Lorne? Sure. 

Square sausage/Lorne is interchangable.  

Just realised I have no rolls, so lunch will be a square sausage sandwich. With brown sauce. 

Gutted for you - a Lorne sandwich is a poor substitute for a Lorne roll but needs must. 

41 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Roll on Lorne? Sure. 

Square sausage/Lorne is interchangable.  

Just realised I have no rolls, so lunch will be a square sausage sandwich. With brown sauce. 

Will you be putting the square sausage(s) between the bits of bread or on top of the bread?

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Will you be putting the square sausage(s) between the bits of bread or on top of the bread?

At least on top of one slice of bread.

BTW “roll on lorne” is perfectly acceptable.

9 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

What happens to a bee that ends up on a train and travels tens of miles away from its mates?  Will other bees let it play with them, or is it f***ed away from its own hive?

They only live a short while anyway don't they? Always wonder about the wee flies you see on a plane in Edinburgh that's going to somewhere like Turkey or that...  Probably just dies of heatstroke immediately though, in reality. 

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

What happens to a bee that ends up on a train and travels tens of miles away from its mates?  Will other bees let it play with them, or is it f***ed away from its own hive?

I’m still puzzled about the bee (or fly) that hits a train face on and theoretically stops it.

34 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m still puzzled about the bee (or fly) that hits a train face on and theoretically stops it.

It's physics. 

Technically the miniscule mass a fly's body has affects the speed of a train when it splatters it by slowing it down a fraction. 

If  you want to scale it up think of being in a BMW racing along a Highland road and hitting a sheep- the sheep's mass slows down the BMW to an extent.

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

It's physics. 

Technically the miniscule mass a fly's body has affects the speed of a train when it splatters it by slowing it down a fraction. 

If  you want to scale it up think of being in a BMW racing along a Highland road and hitting a sheep- the sheep's mass slows down the BMW to an extent.

I thought that the physics said that theoretically an object (the fly) has to stop before going into reverse therefore the train also has to stop.  

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

What's the last thing that goes through a bee's mind when that happens?

Its arsehole.

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Probably depends if it's got a return ticket or not.