Quick Question Thread

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Has QAnon or similar crackpots taken over the road signs around the outskirts of Edinburgh? For a few days now, instead of the overhead motorway matrix signs displaying “Don’t drive when tired as you may cause an accident and endanger a other people and if you’ve read this you’ve travelled a quarter of a mile without looking at the road” or “don’t take drugs” or “this sign is not in use” they are saying “RED X IS MANDATORY”. WTF are they on about? 

To anyone who is the Commandant of a Prisoner-of'-War  camp it should be noted that visits from the Red Cross are mandatory according to the Geneva Convention.

Strange that they should be using Motorway Road Signs to debate this issue.

5 hours ago, Fullerene said:

To anyone who is the Commandant of a Prisoner-of'-War  camp it should be noted that visits from the Red Cross are mandatory according to the Geneva Convention.

Strange that they should be using Motorway Road Signs to debate this issue.

I've made a note of that.

On 13/02/2024 at 11:31, Empty It said:

Do you need to be a loud obnoxious p***k who think they're hard as f**k to work on a building site or do the majority of them actually choose to be like this?

See also - likes a little choried stuff bought off the job, justifies it as "insurance companies huv loadsay money" then goes home and blows his top at the wife when told the house insurance is up 50%.

Lots of them (building is my industry as well, by the way) are almost too stupid to allow near tools.

I usually assume the intelligent ones must have a bad drug habit to work next to the radges all day................

10 hours ago, Left Back said:

Noticed this the about a week ago when there was an accident on the M9 spur and a lane was closed.  I assumed someone hadn’t got round to the part of the checklist that said “put signs back to normal”.  Fucked off on half-term holiday I reckon.

Now showing COMPLY WITH RED X all the way in from Fife and over the bridge too. 

51 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Now showing COMPLY WITH RED X all the way in from Fife and over the bridge too. 

It annoys me that it doesn't say

"Obey Red X" would save the leccy on powering up less or the lights.

But it is a weird sign when the X isn't on display.

On 15/02/2024 at 11:19, 101 said:

Had a text from my Mrs earlier. She too was concerned why she was being told to Obey Red X. Something sinister definitely afoot. 

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Had a text from my Mrs earlier. She too was concerned why she was being told to Obey Red X. Something sinister definitely afoot. 

I've lost count of the number of times over the last year or so that there has been some form of road works on or near the bridge, and the outside lane has been closed off by way of the red X in the overhead gantry, but people (mainly Audi/BMWs, but that's for the C***s on the road thread) have just ignored them and the associated speed reductions and stayed in the lane. So I just assumed that the ominous message was an attempt at some sort of driver education.

On 15/02/2024 at 09:17, Leith Green said:

See also - likes a little choried stuff bought off the job, justifies it as "insurance companies huv loadsay money" then goes home and blows his top at the wife when told the house insurance is up 50%.

Lots of them (building is my industry as well, by the way) are almost too stupid to allow near tools.

I usually assume the intelligent ones must have a bad drug habit to work next to the radges all day................

They also have a tendency to act like c***s when in a builders merchant as well.

On 15/02/2024 at 11:19, 101 said:

Red.  Green.  Which one is it?

Green Cross.jpg

14 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Just reply "I am Red X"

Then you get to be the boss for a bit.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Anyone else lost broadband Internet in Inverness? Getting worried that I might have to get some work done. 

No. I once lost a wooly hat in Perth though.