Quick Question Thread

My mum got a "Power Balance" wristband through the door from Amazon, but she did not order it. It cost $29.75, so I've decided to play around with it - but I have absolutely no idea what it does and the website isn't very helpful.

Has anyone got one, or knows what it does?

My mum got a "Power Balance" wristband through the door from Amazon, but she did not order it. It cost $29.75, so I've decided to play around with it - but I have absolutely no idea what it does and the website isn't very helpful.

Has anyone got one, or knows what it does?

They do absolutely f**k all. I feel sorry for the idiots that buy stuff like this.

Product blurb:

"Power Balance is performance technology that uses holograms embedded with frequencies that react positively with your body’s natural energy field to improve balance, strength, and flexibility."

I don't even remember studying anything like that at school. Mind you, I can barely remember how to do long division.

the only times i ever encountered long division were in p.5 and in p.7, although i didn't do maths at higher. both times i got into quite a lot of trouble for hiding my maths book from the teacher for months on end because i wouldn't do any of the questions.

They do absolutely f**k all. I feel sorry for the idiots that buy stuff like this.

Product blurb:

"Power Balance is performance technology that uses holograms embedded with frequencies that react positively with your body's natural energy field to improve balance, strength, and flexibility."

That's what I read.

My mum said it might be like a sea sickness test she got when she was pregnant because she was vomiting a lot (something on her wrist, it didn't work though - I wasn't fully paying attention) and that I have to push the bits into my wrist or something like that.

I'll see how it works tomorrow when I'm playing badminton. If I suddenly become amazing it was worth the wonder. If not, I have one expensive wristband.

That's what I read.

My mum said it might be like a sea sickness test she got when she was pregnant because she was vomiting a lot (something on her wrist, it didn't work though - I wasn't fully paying attention) and that I have to push the bits into my wrist or something like that.

I'll see how it works tomorrow when I'm playing badminton. If I suddenly become amazing it was worth the wonder. If not, I have one expensive wristband.

Judging by some posts on Facebook and reviews on other sites it's a pretty successful 'scam'.

Well he'll just say that I should know it and take it as it is.

If he says that then you need to say one of the following:

1. Factorise this cunto!
    OR
  2. THIS IS FACTORISING! AHHHHH!

Then throw your maths jotter at his face before storming out of the classroom.

Remember, timing is the key to this.

I'm going to a gig tomorrow night at the "O2 ABC" in Glasgow. Three questions:

Where is it?

Where's the best place to park?

Where can I get a decent sit-down Indian meal nearby at about 10pm?

Sauchiehall Street - Here

Park here - car park behind my old flat, free, quiet-ish and only 10 minute walk to ABC

Good Indian, nearby. You'll need to check opening/closing times though

Dunc, it's on sauchiehall st, centre of Glasgow nightlife.

you are perfectly ok to park on sauchiehall st, although I'm sure some on here would be terrified of that. just don't park near the abc to avoid overflow of people after the gig. parking is free after 6.

the Rawalpindi is amazing, and pretty much directly across the road but 10pm might be pushing it a bit to get a sit down 2/3 course.

I'm looking at it just now on the bus, not getting anywhere though so I'll just do at lunch or something.

I thought it was for your first period?

Anyhow, instead of fannying around on the bus maybe you could have looked it up last night, seeing as your last post on the matter was at 20:19 ;)

I thought it was for your first period?

Anyhow, instead of fannying around on the bus maybe you could have looked it up last night, seeing as your last post on the matter was at 20:19 ;)

Going by the nature of his posts I'd say 20:30 was his bedtime.