Quick Question Thread

How do you define that though? I presume EPL and SPL are "rich", But what else?

"I" don't define it. It's just common sense.

Chelsea and Man City players will have new strips each game. East Stirlingshire players won't.

Somewhere there will be a cut-off point but as to what that is I have no idea.

Guest The Phoenix

"I" don't define it. It's just common sense.

Chelsea and Man City players will have new strips each game. East Stirlingshire players won't.

Somewhere there will be a cut-off point but as to what that is I have no idea.

You guys had poppy shirts on yesterday.

We have to make sure we get our set back from the cleaners. :lol:

I need to calculate the standard deviation for two data sets, one has 29 data points and the other 40. I know how to calculate it, you take the mean away from a data point and square it. Do it for all data points and sum them then divide it by the number of data points and square root it.

My question is, is there an easier way to do it since i've got so many data points?

Does anyone know the best way to make the journey from Glasgow to Dunfermline and back? At first glance it's saying the bus costs £13 one way and takes two and a half hours, got to be better options than that.

Also does anyone know if you can get travel expenses if you regularly make journey's for work placement for uni, say Glasgow to Dunfermline?

Glasgow to Fife is a nightmare because by train you have to go through Edinburgh. You're talking 16 quid or so at non-peak times.

Christ on a bike, on my budget if I can't get any help in the form of travel expenses in January I'm royally fucked.

Cheers.

vT's basically covered it. The train is shite and expensive (and Dunfermline isn't on the main line, which would probably mean a long wait at Edinburgh more often than not), the X26/X27 bus gets you there eventually but if it's an every day commute it'd be a bit rubbish.

In regard to expenses, surely your uni has already given you information about that? I'm going on placement in January and everyone is given travel expenses unless you're less than five miles away. Maybe worth e-mailing them. As far as I'm aware it's done completely seperate from SAAS.

Does anyone know the best way to make the journey from Glasgow to Dunfermline and back? At first glance it's saying the bus costs £13 one way and takes two and a half hours, got to be better options than that.

Also does anyone know if you can get travel expenses if you regularly make journey's for work placement for uni, say Glasgow to Dunfermline?

If I remember correctly, we're at the same uni. There should be details on Blackboard about applying for your travel expenses and it'll tell you what you need to do. The main points are that you pay the first £5 a day yourself and it has to be by the cheapest route possible.

vT's basically covered it. The train is shite and expensive (and Dunfermline isn't on the main line, which would probably mean a long wait at Edinburgh more often than not), the X26/X27 bus gets you there eventually but if it's an every day commute it'd be a bit rubbish.

In regard to expenses, surely your uni has already given you information about that? I'm going on placement in January and everyone is given travel expenses unless you're less than five miles away. Maybe worth e-mailing them. As far as I'm aware it's done completely seperate from SAAS.

Not really sure how you figured that one out. The trains to Dunfermline are circa every 40 minutes and as the trains from Glasgow are every 15 minutes you would need to be pretty daft to leave yourself waiting around in Edinburgh for any length of time really.