Quick Question Thread

Anyone know anything about press releases? I've spent the last month busting my bollocks doing a relocation report for a company as part of my graded unit in Comms. Yesterday we were told to write a 400 word press release about our report. I've came up with the following which is less than 200 words and cannot think of anything else to add.

Rockin’ Records set to relocate

Rockin’ Records announced yesterday that it was set to relocate to Buchanan Galleries, Glasgow.

For the past five years, the company have been operating in the West End of Glasgow. Speaking yesterday, Managing Director Adam McKechnie said: “Due to a massive increase in sales since we formed in 2005, it has been decided that Rockin’ Records will relocate to Buchanan Galleries in the city centre of Glasgow in order to provide service to a wider customer base. Having canvassed opinion from the public it was felt that a move would be beneficial for the growth of Rockin’ Records.”

The new store, which will be located on the first floor of Buchanan Galleries, is set to open in the Spring of 2011. Since the news was announced, there has been increasing speculation with regard to what top name will be opening the store. Home grown celebrities including Annie Lennox, The Proclaimers and Sharleen Spiteri are just a few of the names that have been suggested, with Rockin’ Records not giving anything away.

And before anyone adds "Do your own homework lolz", go f**k yourself.

Anyone know anything about press releases? I've spent the last month busting my bollocks doing a relocation report for a company as part of my graded unit in Comms. Yesterday we were told to write a 400 word press release about our report. I've came up with the following which is less than 200 words and cannot think of anything else to add.

Rockin’ Records announced yesterday that it was set to relocate to Buchanan Galleries, Glasgow.

For the past five years, the company have been operating in the West End of Glasgow. Speaking yesterday, Managing Director Adam McKechnie said: “Due to a massive increase in sales since we formed in 2005, it has been decided that Rockin’ Records will relocate to Buchanan Galleries in the city centre of Glasgow in order to provide service to a wider customer base. Having canvassed opinion from the public it was felt that a move would be beneficial for the growth of Rockin’ Records.”

The new store, which will be located on the first floor of Buchanan Galleries, is set to open in the Spring of 2011. Since the news was announced, there has been increasing speculation with regard to what top name will be opening the store. Home grown celebrities including Annie Lennox, The Proclaimers and Sharleen Spiteri are just a few of the names that have been suggested, with Rockin’ Records not giving anything away.

And before anyone adds "Do your own homework lolz", go f**k yourself.

Different music taste departments?DVD,tshirts,books?go into a bit of length about how they started trading?

Different music taste departments?DVD,tshirts,books?go into a bit of length about how they started trading?

We did ask about this but were told that it really has to only contain news about the relocation and nothing else. I suppose I could spin a couple of hundred words about how they began trading and hope he buys it right enough!

Guest The Phoenix

Adam

Press Releases are normally top and tailed -

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Contact Person:

Company Name:

Telephone Number:

Fax Number:

Email Address:

Web site address:

Bottom

For additional information please contact: (Enter details)

I know it's repetitive but the whole point of a Press Release is to ensure you get your message across and can be contacted for enquiries.

(It also adds a fair number of words towards your 400 ;) )

For the past five years, the company have been operating in the West End of Glasgow. Speaking yesterday, Managing Director Adam McKechnie said: “Due to a massive increase in sales since we formed in 2005, it has been decided that Rockin’ Records will relocate to Buchanan Galleries in the city centre of Glasgow in order to provide service to a wider customer base. The store we are currently based in is quite small and by moving premises to Buchanan Galleries, we will have a unit twice the size of the store we currently operate out of.” Concluding, McKechnie finished by saying: “Having canvassed opinion from the public it was felt that a move would be beneficial for the growth of Rockin’ Records.”

Shortly after the announcement was made, we managed to have a chat with a few excited customers. Jane Williams, 27, was delighted to hear the news of a bigger store. “Getting into the current store on a busy Saturday afternoon is a total nightmare, it’s always packed!”

John Mitcham, 21, commented on the wide choice of music available at Rockin’ Records. He said: “Places like HMV don’t cater for everyone’s taste, just those who are fans of generic pop music and stuff like that. Rockin’ Records on the other hand have something for everyone, from Girls Aloud to Andrew WK, so I am delighted to have a fantastic music shop moving to the city centre.”

Up to 329 words now, think that will do it. Cheers for your help, lads!

Adam

Press Releases are normally top and tailed -

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Contact Person:

Company Name:

Telephone Number:

Fax Number:

Email Address:

Web site address:

Bottom

For additional information please contact: (Enter details)

I know it's repetitive but the whole point of a Press Release is to ensure you get your message across and can be contacted for enquiries.

(It also adds a fair number of words towards your 400 ;) )

Cheers, that ought to boost my word count a fair bit! :D

Anyone done Zumba and/or Body Combat before? What's the script? :ph34r:

Zumba - rythmic dance type stuff. Not my cup of tea, doesn't burn enough calories to be a 'proper' workout and doesn't work muscles particularly hard. It's more a fun thing (probably designed for women) and loads of other people enjoy it.

Body Combat - Martial arts type fightingy thing which leaves you properly knackered. Good fun and nice and manly

Cheers, that ought to boost my word count a fair bit! :D

If you use any appendices or that I wouldn't include that as part of the word count, for a press release I think Phoenix is on the money

Zumba - rythmic dance type stuff. Not my cup of tea, doesn't burn enough calories to be a 'proper' workout and doesn't work muscles particularly hard. It's more a fun thing (probably designed for women) and loads of other people enjoy it.

Body Combat - Martial arts type fightingy thing which leaves you properly knackered. Good fun and nice and manly

Cheers for that

Does laughing at the line " I heard a huge bang, and when I turned round, loads of kids were on fire" on the Pride of Britain awards make me a bad person ? :ph34r:

no because you are clearly (hopefully) blessed with a cartoon mind. I'd imagine if you saw a video of it actually happening, you'd be appalled (if not, then yes, you are a bad person) but that's not the image your brain's likely to have painted for you. for instance, i tend to see such things in a Beano style, in this context, there are very few atrocities or disasters that can't be made funny!

I got in the car the other morning and the windscreen had loads of water on it - on the inside. Looks like I've bought a damp car dry.gif

Anyhoo, anyone got tips on how to prevent it. Someone once told me to rub liquid soap on the windscreen to prevent it, but i thought this might be a bit daft....

I got in the car the other morning and the windscreen had loads of water on it - on the inside. Looks like I've bought a damp car dry.gif

Anyhoo, anyone got tips on how to prevent it. Someone once told me to rub liquid soap on the windscreen to prevent it, but i thought this might be a bit daft....

Used to rub soap on the bathroom mirror to stop it fogging up afore shaving. That worked.

What kind of car did you get kiwi? I'm in the market myself.