Quick Question Thread

No, the article goes on to say that you're only allowed 200 cigarettes, 100 cigarillos or 250g of tabacco.

Aye, t'was saying:

Please note the following exceptions stand for these EU countries:

From Estonia - 200 cigarettes or 250g of smoking tobacco*

From Bulgaria, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania and Slovakia - 200 cigarettes*

Edited by Hedgecutter

Guest The Phoenix

Apart from the people responsible for setting the website up etc,who was the first ever member to post on P&B?

Wouldn't it be brilliant if the answer was Adam? :D

Still no answer to this.

Do any of the mods or Div know?

If they're still a member,I think something should be organised to commemorate the first ever post

You could either ask Div or have a look and see who joined first. It's about the closest answer you're likely to get. With all the culls that have happened, I don't imagine the first ever post on P&B is still in existence.

Still no answer to this.

Do any of the mods or Div know?

If they're still a member,I think something should be organised to commemorate the first ever post

It would probably have been either Reynard or Pompey.

The sound on my laptop doesn't seem to be working. It is on very low but I can't get the volume control to come up so that I can increase it. Anyone any ideas of what is wrong or how to fix it. If you try to go into sound from the control panel it just comes up saying "not responding".

The sound on my laptop doesn't seem to be working. It is on very low but I can't get the volume control to come up so that I can increase it. Anyone any ideas of what is wrong or how to fix it. If you try to go into sound from the control panel it just comes up saying "not responding".

Try typing in "sndvol32" in the Start Menu and see what the sliders are set to.

Is there an integration equivalent to differentiation's chain rule and/or quotient rule?

Aye

Don't be shy.

I will expand on this.

Basically, Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth is correct in what he says. Yes, there is an integration equivalent to differentiation's chain rule and/or quotient rule.

I already asked this on the game thread but here goes. Will I be able to run Football Manager 2011 on a Compaq Presario cq56-notebook?

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/aa/en/ho/WF06a/321957-321957-3329742-89318-89318-4247498.html

Edit to add link

Edited by Super Freak

Integration by parts.

Your chain rule says that if you're differentiating two functions as a product of each other - say, f and g - you differentiate f and multiply this by g, then you differentiate g and multiply this by f, and add them together.

Derivative of fg = (f'g)+(fg').

If you are integrating two functions as a product of each other - again, say f and g - the integral of the derivative of f multiplied by g is equal to f multiplied by g, minus the integral of f multiplied by the derivative of g.

Integral of f'g = (fg) - integral of (fg').

Integration by parts.

Your chain rule says that if you're differentiating two functions as a product of each other - say, f and g - you differentiate f and multiply this by g, then you differentiate g and multiply this by f, and add them together.

Derivative of fg = (f'g)+(fg').

If you are integrating two functions as a product of each other - again, say f and g - the integral of the derivative of f multiplied by g is equal to f multiplied by g, minus the integral of f multiplied by the derivative of g.

Integral of f'g = (fg) - integral of (fg').

Much obliged.

My quick question: What's the deal with folk coming into this thread and getting their maths homework done for them?

I am not getting them to do the homework, I just didn't know the general solution. I will do the particular solution now.