Quick Question Thread

Guest The Phoenix

Since no answer on another thread,is The Phoenix,really "Troy" from Ingleston Avenue,in Dunipace?

Never heard of him and never seen one of his posts.

What thread?

Has anyone here ever asked the Chinese person in their University class who can hardly speak a word of English if they have ever done a shite on their living room floor? And did said Chinese person who didn't understand your question nod their head and reply yes?

Guest The Phoenix

Has anyone here ever asked the Chinese person in their University class who can hardly speak a word of English if they have ever done a shite on their living room floor? And did said Chinese person who didn't understand your question nod their head and reply yes?

I've got two Chinese students staying in a rental flat.

I've asked them not to shit on the living room floor and they nodded their heads and replied "Yes".

I must check whether that means they will or they won't.

I know I've asked this before a wee while ago but I can't find the thread.

What are pubs/clubs/supermarkets like for ID when it's an expired passport? My provisional form's been sent back today for the second time due to errors in the application meaning I won't see a provisional driving license for at least another two weeks now. :angry:

I know I've asked this before a wee while ago but I can't find the thread.

What are pubs/clubs/supermarkets like for ID when it's an expired passport? My provisional form's been sent back today for the second time due to errors in the application meaning I won't see a provisional driving license for at least another two weeks now. :angry:

None should accept it. Its not a valid form of ID.

Edit: Bit more detail. I cant imagine many bouncers will let you away with it if any. As its expired the picture must be pretty dated so supermarkets are unlikely to sell you similarly with pubs.

Ive never checked to see if a passport is still valid. Just the date and picture.

Edited by Cowden til i die

It's just mainly for the supermarket purpose anyway as most the pubs I drink in I've been served in them for quite a while now but it's just so I can get a bit of variation of where I drink as the same places get boring after a while.

Guest The Phoenix

It's just mainly for the supermarket purpose anyway as most the pubs I drink in I've been served in them for quite a while now but it's just so I can get a bit of variation of where I drink as the same places get boring after a while.

One supermarket car park is pretty much the same as the rest.

Reckon it'd be worth the hassle saving around £100-£150 by going from London-Poland-Ukraine and back rather than just direct? Would I need separate visas to both Poland and Ukraine? I don't think crossing the Polish border would be too mad and it'd be easy to get to Kyiv from Lviv

Reckon it'd be worth the hassle saving around £100-£150 by going from London-Poland-Ukraine and back rather than just direct? Would I need separate visas to both Poland and Ukraine? I don't think crossing the Polish border would be too mad and it'd be easy to get to Kyiv from Lviv

Are you able to fly direct from a Scottish airport to the Ukraine? Which airline/airport?

Personally if you can I would, you'll no doubt end up transitting in Heathrow which is a bloody big nightmare. You'll end up spending a fair bit of cash on pints/papers/food, etc if you are waiting around airports anyway. You have more chances of delays/missing flights as well.

I would go direct and just part with the £100.

Are you able to fly direct from a Scottish airport to the Ukraine? Which airline/airport?

Personally if you can I would, you'll no doubt end up transitting in Heathrow which is a bloody big nightmare. You'll end up spending a fair bit of cash on pints/papers/food, etc if you are waiting around airports anyway. You have more chances of delays/missing flights as well.

I would go direct and just part with the £100.

Nah only direct from London (and it's Ukraine, not "the Ukraine" :rolleyes: ) UIA and Whizz air were the ones I found. Whizz being £130 return so most likely to go for that

Cheers, but I'd looked at that and that doesn't say how much they charge, just that they "reserve the right" to charge. I'm just wondering if anyone has had to return anything to them before, and if so were they charged, and how much.

See that old ass game where there is a wall of bricks and a paddle at the bottom of the screen that you move with a mouse to hit a ball which destroys the bricks, what was that called and more importantly where can I play it online?

Try miniclip.com, I always used to play that game and I'm sure it's on that website.

See that old ass game where there is a wall of bricks and a paddle at the bottom of the screen that you move with a mouse to hit a ball which destroys the bricks, what was that called and more importantly where can I play it online?

It had loads of names (as everyone and their gran released a version of it) but it's most popularly known as Breakout and you can play it on loads of different sites, like here.