Quick Question Thread

Did the prague berlin train after the recent scotland game,it was indeed rather beautiful,also had a 3 course meal on the train and it was superb for train food

Lucky you, on the aforementioned journey I stormed off the train when it finally got into Berlin, leaving behind a plastic bag with my food and drink for the journey. A couple of hours later and feeling rather peckish I went to have a sandwich when I realised what I'd done. Typically, the train only took Euros, I only had Crowns and of course they didn't take cards. I had to spend the remaining 10 hours or so thirsty as hell. The food in the dining carriage looked lovely too.

I've decided to try and learn how to play Chess, so could someone perhaps point me to a half decent website for tutorials and stuff? I've had a look but I've only found rubbish sites, so if anyone had any they can recommend, I'd be very happy.

Thanks.

I've decided to try and learn how to play Chess, so could someone perhaps point me to a half decent website for tutorials and stuff? I've had a look but I've only found rubbish sites, so if anyone had any they can recommend, I'd be very happy.

Thanks.

I once tried looking at tutorials and stuff like that on the web but I found that the best thing to do was ask my Dad and it was all explained much simpler. If you have a family member/friend that could explain it to you I would recommend it.

Hours and hours of fun Chess is! biggrin.gif

Also, in answer to your question.. I have no idea. laugh.gif

Thanks.

Have you checked out the pre-loaded games on your computer Adam?

I didn't have the first clue about chess until playing against the computer on this. It gives you wee hints and tips etc.

Still pish at it but I have a grasp of what I'm doing now.

I once tried looking at tutorials and stuff like that on the web but I found that the best thing to do was ask my Dad and it was all explained much simpler. If you have a family member/friend that could explain it to you I would recommend it.

Hours and hours of fun Chess is! biggrin.gif

Also, in answer to your question.. I have no idea. laugh.gif

I don't think anyone in my family plays Chess, but thanks anyway. :)

Have you checked out the pre-loaded games on your computer Adam?

I didn't have the first clue about chess until playing against the computer on this. It gives you wee hints and tips etc.

Still pish at it but I have a grasp of what I'm doing now.

I downloaded it on my Ipod but it doesn't give you any tips. I found one online game but it didn't give you any help either.

Try under the lid on the box.

Box? Pah, I'm a young person, we play games online! Showing your age there, old boy.

Over the last few nights I have had a problem with my left ear folding over when I'm sleeping on it. It now sticks out further than the other one and is red and feels bruised.

1.What causes this after 35 years of sleep with no problems?

2.I'm thinking of using an elastic band around my head tonight. Has anyone done this?

3. Would sellotape be a better option? (I'm worried about it pulling my hair out)

4. Apart from Mark McGhee do yo know anyone else with an unsymmetrical head?

Are we having an advent calendar this year???

Word on the street is that the advent calendar is on strike this christmas, and we're having to draft in other advent calendars from Israel and Malta to relieve the situation.

Thanks.

There was a boy at uni with me who was brilliant at chess, i could never quite get the hang of it. I understood it ok, but i could only ever get it to stalemate rather than checkmate. laugh.gif Not against him, mind.

Word on the street is that the advent calendar is on strike this christmas, and we're having to draft in other advent calendars from Israel and Malta to relieve the situation.

An advent calender from Israel. It's a novel idea, i'll give you that.