Quick Question Thread

Would you:

- travel from A to B by (decent) trains for 60€ and about 13 hours or

- travel from A to B for roughly the same price, taking 1 hour by plane?

Intitial thoughts please...

The plane.

PS. If this is something to do with getting a train to Prague for that trip you were on about, don't do it. I got the train from here to Amsterdam a few years back and it was a nightmare - completely overbooked (had to stand in the vestibule for about half the journey even though I'd booked a seat) and disorganised, and owing to the first train being delayed we missed the connection from Berlin and had to wait another two hours.

Edited by Breaking Decency

In cricket, why is there always a helmet sitting behind the stumps?

Someone told me once, but I've forgotten.

There isn't always a helmet sitting there, but if a fielding team wish to have fielders close in to catch the ball, the helmet is there for their protection. If the situation arises where the fielding team don't need fielders in a close catching position, therefore not needing the helmet, it is normally placed behind the stumps, behind where the wicketkeeper stands. There is a 5 run penalty against the fielding side if the ball hits it, so it is generally accepted that behind the wicketkeeper is safest

There isn't always a helmet sitting there, but if a fielding team wish to have fielders close in to catch the ball, the helmet is there for their protection. If the situation arises where the fielding team don't need fielders in a close catching position, therefore not needing the helmet, it is normally placed behind the stumps, behind where the wicketkeeper stands. There is a 5 run penalty against the fielding side if the ball hits it, so it is generally accepted that behind the wicketkeeper is safest

I knew it had something to do with runs (albeit indirectly).

Thanks.

The plane.

PS. If this is something to do with getting a train to Prague for that trip you were on about, don't do it. I got the train from here to Amsterdam a few years back and it was a nightmare - completely overbooked (had to stand in the vestibule for about half the journey even though I'd booked a seat) and disorganised, and owing to the first train being delayed we missed the connection from Berlin and had to wait another two hours.

Good guess. :P

The train plan is Cologne, then to Prague via Berlin. The plane seems the obvious choice to go for but I dunno, there's something 'romantic' about travelling across Europe by rail. I think I'll go Eindhoven-Prague and use the Prague-Vienna train to let loose my longing for long, wintry train rides.

Good guess. :P

The train plan is Cologne, then to Prague via Berlin. The plane seems the obvious choice to go for but I dunno, there's something 'romantic' about travelling across Europe by rail. I think I'll go Eindhoven-Prague and use the Prague-Vienna train to let loose my longing for long, wintry train rides.

I must say the train ride from Berlin to Prague is very beautiful (apart from the section of northern CZ which is full of rusting old mining/industrial centres which blot the otherwise perfect landscape). I've never done the Prague - Vienna route, but I can imagine it's rather nice too.

I must say the train ride from Berlin to Prague is very beautiful (apart from the section of northern CZ which is full of rusting old mining/industrial centres which blot the otherwise perfect landscape). I've never done the Prague - Vienna route, but I can imagine it's rather nice too.

Especially with a bottle of wine and four and half hours on the window seat. :D

Did the prague berlin train after the recent scotland game,it was indeed rather beautiful,also had a 3 course meal on the train and it was superb for train food

My cock of a mate, just spilt pepsi all over my living room floor, on a white carpet.

We've been trying to clean it for ages, but nothings working. He was using 1001 stain remover mousse, he then broke it laugh.gif.

Help sad.gif.