Quick Question Thread

Perhaps the hotel he is staying in has one?

Why can't he grill bears? Has he some physical impediment? Or is it more due to the absence of an adequately sized grill?

How many hotels have a grill that you could fit something 8ft into?

I know I've asked this before a wee while ago but I can't find the thread.

What are pubs/clubs/supermarkets like for ID when it's an expired passport? My provisional form's been sent back today for the second time due to errors in the application meaning I won't see a provisional driving license for at least another two weeks now. mad.gif

No so good at this are we. First the SAAS form and noo this.

Nah only direct from London (and it's Ukraine, not "the Ukraine" rolleyes.gif ) UIA and Whizz air were the ones I found. Whizz being £130 return so most likely to go for that

Well theres the years busary oot the windae.

Kilsyth Area VL's - K.Thacker

No so good at this are we. First the SAAS form and noo this.

It's not my fault when they say an expired passport isn't valid, therefore I send my birth certificate away which then gets sent back again saying "no copies allowed" when it's blatantly obvious it's the real one in comparison to 1 of the photocopies I dug out. Phone them again this morning explaining the birth certificate situation followed by asking them again if an expired passport is valid to which, this time, they reply 'yes'. :blink:

Third fucking time lucky eh.

Reckon it'd be worth the hassle saving around £100-£150 by going from London-Poland-Ukraine and back rather than just direct? Would I need separate visas to both Poland and Ukraine? I don't think crossing the Polish border would be too mad and it'd be easy to get to Kyiv from Lviv

you dont need a visa for the ukraine,i flew from kiev to livov,cost around $40usd

other option is to fly into dnipro from riga and train it to kiev,trains are good and mostly the new high speed types

oh aye and livov is pish

Edited by doulikefish

you dont need a visa for the ukraine,i flew from kiev to livov,cost around $40usd

other option is to fly into dnipro from riga and train it to kiev,trains are good and mostly the new high speed types

oh aye and livov is pish

You could probably have got a train to Lviv from Kyiv for less

Aye, the trains in Ukraine are the fastest in the world. Not the dearest either.

Granted I've never been, I'd have to disagree about Lviv. It looks cracking. Depends on what you want/look for though I guess.

Aye, the trains in Ukraine are the fastest in the world. Not the dearest either.

Granted I've never been, I'd have to disagree about Lviv. It looks cracking. Depends on what you want/look for though I guess.

I can almost guarantee Ukrainian trains aren't the fastest in the world. They might be fast compared to a lot of European networks, but certainly not the fastest.

Edited by Breaking Decency

Right I have a question. Why when describing a 3-0 win do journalists use the headline "Three And Easy". I noticed this headline describing the Spurs result last night.

Is it a play on the words "Free And Easy"? If so then it is stupid and I will move this over to the "Petty Things That Get On Yourn Nerves" thread.

Edited by Lerwick Lad

yip but 40 bucks to fly is peanuts compared to 12hrs on the train,livov is a borefest,as for kiev you have to go to shooters bar,google it;)

Does dropping coins on the floor count as littering?

The term "litter" has a very wide interpretation. As well as wrappers, cans, bottles, or packaging "any thing" includes food, small items such as cigarette ends or large items such as bags of rubbish. The offence relates to what is done with the litter, rather than what it is.

Natural matter such as overgrown vegetation, weeds or leaves which have fallen from trees are not classed as litter.

Dog faeces are classed as "refuse", not litter, and are subject to different laws.

You can really make your own mind up about it.

Guest The Phoenix

Does dropping coins on the floor count as littering?

A SHOPPER who dropped a £10 note in the street by accident has been fined – for littering.

Arthritis sufferer Stewart Smith was leaving a charity shop when the banknote fell from his hand, without him realising.

Stewart, 36, at first expressed his gratitude to the two officers who approached him to point out that the note had fallen to the ground.

But moments later, after recovering the note, he was stunned to be accused of littering and slapped with a £50 fixed-penalty notice.

Mr Smith, who was forced to give up work because of his illness, receives just £98 a fortnight in benefits. But the former warehouse worker has just 14 days to pay up or could face further action.

It is thought the police were implementing a zero-tolerance approach to littering as part of a concerted effort to clean up their local area in Ayr.

But law and order campaigners last night slammed the move, describing it as petty and a waste of police resources.

Mr Smith, who is single, had popped into his local charity shop to look for a bargain.

He bought a £3 T-shirt and had been struggling with his shopping and a handful of change when the banknote slipped from his grasp along with a receipt.

He said: “I came out of the shop, with my T-shirt under my arm. I put £7 in coins into my front pocket, as I was going to buy some juice. I thought I was putting a £10 note and the receipt in my back pocket.

A SHOPPER who dropped a £10 note in the street by accident has been fined for littering.

Arthritis sufferer Stewart Smith was leaving a charity shop when the banknote fell from his hand, without him realising.

Stewart, 36, at first expressed his gratitude to the two officers who approached him to point out that the note had fallen to the ground.

But moments later, after recovering the note, he was stunned to be accused of littering and slapped with a £50 fixed-penalty notice.

Mr Smith, who was forced to give up work because of his illness, receives just £98 a fortnight in benefits. But the former warehouse worker has just 14 days to pay up or could face further action.

It is thought the police were implementing a zero-tolerance approach to littering as part of a concerted effort to clean up their local area in Ayr.

But law and order campaigners last night slammed the move, describing it as petty and a waste of police resources.

Mr Smith, who is single, had popped into his local charity shop to look for a bargain.

He bought a £3 T-shirt and had been struggling with his shopping and a handful of change when the banknote slipped from his grasp along with a receipt.

He said: I came out of the shop, with my T-shirt under my arm. I put £7 in coins into my front pocket, as I was going to buy some juice. I thought I was putting a £10 note and the receipt in my back pocket.

Sounds like he was fined for dropping the receipt, rather than the £10 note.

I do like how the newspapers insert he's an arthritis sufferer, as if that should have any bearing on whether or not a person should be subject to the country's laws.

EDIT: In fact, here's the rest!

“But my shirt was hanging over the pocket, and the £10 note, along with the receipt, fell onto the street.”

Two officers stood nearby called out to him, pointing to the cash and the receipt on the ground.

He gratefully retrieved the money, but could not believe it when the officers approached him and accused him of littering.

Insisting it was an honest mistake, Mr Smith tried to explain but was told he was being fined £50 for littering. He has now sought legal advice and is hoping to have the fine overturned.

Mr Smith, from Dalrymple, Ayrshire, said his faith in the police had been shattered.

His solicitor Peter Lockhart said: “I will be taking up this matter on his behalf. This is a scandalous use of police resources.”

Scottish Tory justice spokesman Bill Aitken called on Strathclyde Police to explain the actions of its officers towards Mr Smith.

He said: “Clearly no-one is going to throw away a £10 note. From what he says it would seem fairly clear that he dropped both items by mistake.”

Matthew Elliott, Chief Executive at the TaxPayers’ Alliance, said the action was a waste of police time and resources.

He said: “It’s bizarre that the police officers saw fit to fine a man for dropping money. It was clearly a mistake and they should show understanding.”

Conservative MP Philip Davies said: “This seems on the face of it to be a very petty action. This sounds like a case where common sense has been ignored.”

Strathclyde Police last night insisted Mr Smith had dropped several papers and ignored a warning to pick them up.

But the fixed-penalty notice reads: “You did drop a price ticket”, appearing to contradict the force’s version of events.

A force spokeswoman said: “An individual was seen throwing papers on the street. When he was approached and spoken to about it, he recovered the money he had thrown away but repeated his actions with the papers. He was therefore ticketed.”

Edited by Gaz