Quick Question Thread

Q: If I want to go via rail from Glasgow- Stirling then Stirling – Edinburgh on the same day, can I buy a single from Glasgow – Edinburgh as I’m heading in roughly the right direction?

I know there are various “accepted routes” and I wouldn’t expect to get from Glasgow- Inverness- Edinburgh on a single ticket but I’m guessing someone on here has done this before or is in the know.

Well i have always pronounced it TYNDRUM as in TYNE DRUM.I know folk up there and that is how they say it.

......hmm.........im sure...on the train up to oban the announcer says "the train is now approaching Tin-drum" although that really counts for fcukall because the train also calls Anderston "Banderston" if you listen closesly :)

It's pronounced "tin-drum".

To be honest i have just trawled through 3 pages of results on Google.Opinion is divided even amongst locals. So to be fair to the guy on the radio,he may well be correct. Capy may well be wrong..!

To be honest i have just trawled through 3 pages of results on Google.Opinion is divided even amongst locals. So to be fair to the guy on the radio,he may well be correct. Capy may well be wrong..!

I spend a fair bit of time up there, especially in the summer walking / camping season, and I've only ever heard the locals pronounce it as "tin-drum". Maybe they're wrong though!

How do people pronounce Crianlarich? I say "cree-an-lar-ich".

Edited by Gaz

Does anybody know if Parcelforce still have a VAT exempt status?

They definitely did as recently as 2005, because they're part of the Royal Mail group, but I can't find anything that says they lost that status, or anything that confirms they still have it.

Not sure. One of the others (DHL?) appealed it, saying it was effectively unfair that Parcelforce didn't have to charge VAT but DHL did. They were successful, and I think it is now deemed that the Royal Mail group charge VAT on their supplies.

Hello.

You know that thing where every few days someone posts in the complaints forum saying that the board layout has changed, and we all laugh at that poster for being the 4000000th person to ask that. Well in amongst all the laughter, I never actually read the fix. And now its happened to me.

Help me please. :(

Can anyone remember the name of a kids cartoon programme from the 80's about a Blue duck or possibly a platypus, I think it may have been Spanish. I though it was called Ovideo but this has brought nothing up, any evidence to show I didn't imagine this would be most welcome.

Can anyone remember the name of a kids cartoon programme from the 80's about a Blue duck or possibly a platypus, I think it may have been Spanish. I though it was called Ovideo but this has brought nothing up, any evidence to show I didn't imagine this would be most welcome.

No sorry. I was bugged by something very similar to this a couple of months ago. The one I was after was called 'Ox Tales'

Hello.

You know that thing where every few days someone posts in the complaints forum saying that the board layout has changed, and we all laugh at that poster for being the 4000000th person to ask that. Well in amongst all the laughter, I never actually read the fix. And now its happened to me.

Help me please. :(

Bump, please help me! I can't cope with change.