Quick Question Thread

Dudes and dudesses, another quick question... apparently my duty free limit is 1litre of booze(I've done that research), but if I buy 4 litres, what happens? Do they get confiscated from me?

Going by personal experience and that of friends, if it's your first time being caught and it's not a large amount, they just confiscate it. If it's quite a large amount (which it isn't) they'll confiscate the excess and flag your passport so that every time you return to the UK you get searched.

Hypothetically speaking of course, if I was to take 10 valium one night at say 8.30pm, how likely is it that the effects would last quite late into the next day? :|

Depends on the tablet size. If they are 2mg, then possibly. If they are 5mg, then certainly.

Diazepam (valium's generic name) is very slow to metabolise out of your system. As a result, even if you are quite well habituated to the effects, it will still show up heavily in blood tests.

Not that I'm judging, but that's a shitload of Valium to be taking.

Depends on the tablet size. If they are 2mg, then possibly. If they are 5mg, then certainly.

Diazepam (valium's generic name) is very slow to metabolise out of your system. As a result, even if you are quite well habituated to the effects, it will still show up heavily in blood tests.

Not that I'm judging, but that's a shitload of Valium to be taking.

It was my first time taking them on Monday, they had a V and a W on one side, and a D10 on the other or something like that. Either way, yesterday was a completely fucked up day, memory loss, the works. My pal (who'd also taken 10) phoned me last night at 11 asking why I'd ditched him at the shop and where the f**k was I now. I wasn't even with him yesterday so I'm pretty worried about how he's getting on. Not in a hurry to ever go through that experience again sad.gif

Even the guy that got us them admitted they were stronger than usual, and recommended we take a few maximum. Alas, being adventurous young teenagers we gobbled them up like Skittles whilst playing beer pong.

Edited by Kieran

It was my first time taking them on Monday, they had a V and a W on one side, and a D10 on the other or something like that. Either way, yesterday was a completely fucked up day, memory loss, the works. My pal (who'd also taken 10) phoned me last night at 11 asking why I'd ditched him at the shop and where the f**k was I now. I wasn't even with him yesterday so I'm pretty worried about how he's getting on. Not in a hurry to ever go through that experience again sad.gif

Even the guy that got us them admitted they were stronger than usual, and recommended we take a few maximum. Alas, being adventurous young teenagers we gobbled them up like Skittles whilst playing beer pong.

Jesus, if there's a D10 on them I think they're 10mg tabs. I was prescribed 15mg a day for a few months and that felt pretty heavy. You're taking over 100mg?

Be careful bud - I would also avoid alcohol for a while until they're out of your system.

Jesus, if there's a D10 on them I think they're 10mg tabs. I was prescribed 15mg a day for a few months and that felt pretty heavy. You're taking over 100mg?

Be careful bud - I would also avoid alcohol for a while until they're out of your system.

Although that makes sense, they may not be 10mg - I used to have to take 2mg Valiums and they still had D10 stamped on the back. Perhaps it differs by manufacturer.

Edited by Breaking Decency

It's not a regular thing, a friend and me just thought we'd buy some for Hogmanay, but ended up taking the whole lot the other night. I'm fine now though, not in a hurry to repeat the experience however :(

Even yesterday just seems like a blur to me, I woke up at 2pm (definitely not normal for me) and ended up falling asleep again during the Man Utd game. Really not sure what I did between those hours.

How long should it take to get out of the system? I mean, Hogmanay's coming up...

It's not a regular thing, a friend and me just thought we'd buy some for Hogmanay, but ended up taking the whole lot the other night. I'm fine now though, not in a hurry to repeat the experience however :(

Even yesterday just seems like a blur to me, I woke up at 2pm (definitely not normal for me) and ended up falling asleep again during the Man Utd game. Really not sure what I did between those hours.

How long should it take to get out of the system? I mean, Hogmanay's coming up...

You'll be fine for Hogmanay.

Definitley wasn't a pharmacy :lol:

Mate I am not being patronising in any way but that was a VERY stupid thing to do.

Its ok to take a few if you want to get some kip when you have been raving, or even take a couple to ease a stinking hangover but taking them, carrying on boozing then still stoating about more than often ends in tears. They can turn you into a completely different person and make you do completely crazy things.

Luckily it sounds like you had low strength snide pills, 10 10mg pharm strength would put an elephant out.