Quick Question Thread

Its gonnae cost ye!

He could always by pass the box temporarily by jamming a wire coat hanger in the aeriel socket of the telly......Don't let Sky catch you though.

Really depends on how depserate he is to get it up and running tonight.

Regarding the coat hanger fix that'll work as long as you don't have pets in the house.

Given that Easter is classed as a moveable feast, thus pancake day must be too.

Signed, A.Thiest.

I know that but is there a reason for it's late coming? How is the date of Easter decided?

Because Easter is later this year.

Easter being determined by the Sunday which most closely aligns to a pattern of the lunar rather than solar calendar.

I knew there'd be a reasonable explanation.

Why isn't it on the anniversary of when they nailed the fucker to the cross?

Because Easter is later this year.

Easter being determined by the Sunday which most closely aligns to a pattern of the lunar rather than solar calendar.

Thank you.

I'd much prefer it if it was on a set date.

I knew there'd be a reasonable explanation.

Why isn't it on the anniversary of when they nailed the fucker to the cross?

Symbolism. Emphasis is on the crucifixion happening on the Friday and the resurrection on the Sunday (also IIRC why Christians moved the Sabbath from a Saturday).

It's also highly uncertain as to the actual date he was crucified if he even existed. The only reason Christmas is on a fixed day is because it replaced an old pagan festival.

Symbolism. Emphasis is on the crucifixion happening on the Friday and the resurrection on the Sunday (also IIRC why Christians moved the Sabbath from a Saturday).

It's also highly uncertain as to the actual date he was crucified if he even existed. The only reason Christmas is on a fixed day is because it replaced an old pagan festival.

Well they should just make it on a particular weekend. Like the Fair or September weekends. You know where you are with them.

In saying that I'm taking the 3 days between Easter and the Royal Wedding, God bless them. if he's not still to busy.

I made a big wadge (technical term) of spicy meatballs (lamb mince) last week and froze half of them. What way would you recommend to reheat them? Microwave? Grill? Hob? Time is no object.

Make sure they're thoroughly defrosted first and then do them in a pan on the hob on a medium heat, stirring them often. You should be able to get them cooked evenly that way without having cold spots in the middles of them.