Quick Question Thread

Would a Young Scot Card work as ID for shops/pubs?

It expires in 2018, and it has a PASS logo on it, but it's the only ID I've got barring a passport (expired I think) which has a picture of me when I was ten. I look like a slightly obese Asian child.

I've always had a Young Scot accepted in pubs and shops.

The only places that don't take it are clubs from my own experience.

I would be embaressed to use my Young Scot card as I.D, the picture is fucking horrific, I always have it somewhere in my wallet, but as people have already said get a Provisional license, it's what I use, nae hassle.

I need a new programme to start watching, something that only has 20 minute episodes. I'm just getting to the end of King of the Hill, and I've also already seen the following:

The Simpsons

South Park

Family Guy

American Dad

How I Met Your Mother

The Big Bang Theory

Two and a Half Men

The Office

I don't really care if it's a cartoon, or a comedy or whatever, but something lighthearted would be best given I'll basically be watching one episode a night before going to sleep.

Also, something I can ideally watch online/torrent would be best. I'm not made of money!

Give me your best suggestions, children. Thank you!

I need a new programme to start watching, something that only has 20 minute episodes. I'm just getting to the end of King of the Hill, and I've also already seen the following:

The Simpsons

South Park

Family Guy

American Dad

How I Met Your Mother

The Big Bang Theory

Two and a Half Men

The Office

I don't really care if it's a cartoon, or a comedy or whatever, but something lighthearted would be best given I'll basically be watching one episode a night before going to sleep.

Also, something I can ideally watch online/torrent would be best. I'm not made of money!

Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Episodes usually last for half an hour, but it is worth every minute. Trust me.

Scrubs is quite easy viewing and a similiar type of program to some of those listed.

Yeah, seen all of those too. I've basically exhausted all of the usual type of programmes. I think it'll probably have to be something a little older, or more off-the-wall to be something I haven't watched already.

Not that I'm asking much...

The Simpsons

South Park

Family Guy

American Dad

How I Met Your Mother

The Big Bang Theory

Two and a Half Men

The Office

I watch Rules of Engagement as well as those you've listed but I don't think it's as good as any of those you've listed, except Two and a Half Men, which is shite.

Is it the American or British Office? I've only ever seen the American one and it's hilarious, so if it's the British one you're talking about then I'd recommend you check the US version.

King of Queens is another good comedy, IMO. It's finished now so you don't need to keep track of current episodes.

Yeah, seen all of those too. I've basically exhausted all of the usual type of programmes. I think it'll probably have to be something a little older, or more off-the-wall to be something I haven't watched already.

Not that I'm asking much...

None of these are really off the wall but,

Allo Allo, Peep show, father ted, IT Crowd, Black Books...

Any of them you haven't seen they are all OK or better.

I need a new programme to start watching, something that only has 20 minute episodes...

...I don't really care if it's a cartoon, or a comedy or whatever, but something lighthearted would be best given I'll basically be watching one episode a night before going to sleep.

I know just the thing! You want to watch Jam by Chris Morris. It definitely fits within your criteria. Its also brilliant. :wub:

Corn flour will do it (mix into a smooth paste with some water first and then add it in), but if you've got vegetables or potatoes in it, take about half of them out, blend them and chuck them back in.

I'd agree with this cornflour or arrow root

edit: I see you're anti-flour in which case definitely arrow root.

Edited by theentomologist

really? it was for my GTCs disclosure.

That's what I have been told by various people/organizations.

For I.D purposes, I have to use my photocard driving licence and birth certificate.

Maybe someone in the legal sector could clear this up for us .

Why do some pubs sell spirits in 35ml meausres and others 25ml? Who decides this and why is there a difference?

The pubs decide and I think it is just because some places want to get there customers more pished.