Quick Question Thread

The shop I work in was recently closed. Most people were made redundant but a few of us are being kept on and moved to another shop. I've spent the last four weeks emptying the shop but that finished last Tuesday. I've still not heard anything about where I'm getting moved to. Do they still have to pay me until they find me a new job?

Yes, but stay in touch with them on a daily basis.

Has your wife signed anything or handed over any other details? Phone your current supplier (nothing would have changed in the time since they knocked the door anyway) and tell them that you have no intention of changing suppliers. They can block the change. Then, contact E-on and tell THEM that you don't want to change. You can expect a "cooling off period" from them whereby you have the chance to change your mind.

No point phoning your own supplier, just get onto E-on and cancel under the cooling off period.

There is that, but your own supplier can block an attempt to change over, so it's just an added precaution really.

Edit: in fact, scrap that. The second your supplier get a whiff that you're wanting to change, they'll contact you to find out how they can keep you anyway, so let them come to you.

Edited by Mrs M

She signed some computer thing where she gave her sort code n bank number. Got a leaflet they gave her we details of how to cancel etc

Then I would suggest having a read of the leaflet, particularly the section that says "How to cancel". Then tell her not to talk to strange men ever again.

Was out playing football today, good wee kick about then someone who we thought was a junkie approached us. Turns out he plays in goal for Partick Thistle, I didn't catch his name, but he says everyone knows him as 'TJ' and hes been out for 5 months with a dislocated shoulder, is this guy high or is he actually a keeper for Thistle?

He was quite good though.

Already been told its my fault for not being in the house ;)

Theres a cancelation form but will it be done n dusted before 14 days? Head office is in England

Phone them straight away and tell them that you want to cancel AND send the form. I'm fairly certain that even Royal Mail can manage to get to England within 14 days. I can get to the south west in an hour, so I doubt it's beyond them. Is the supply in your name? I'm not entirely sure she'd be able to organise a change over without your say so if it is. Either way, the cooling off period is there for a reason, so use it.

It's Dundee, might be tricky.

:lol:

Next question, Since im gonna phone them on wedensday and then send the letter of cancelation tomoro. I wont need to contact Scottish Gas?

Put in the letter that you made your intention to cancel known on Pie and Bovril. It makes it legal if you put it on here.

Ah right.

Turbo, don't microwave it! The microwave will explode with the metal in the ipod.

I'd stick in rice, check it, freeze it, check it and then radiator it and check it.(just in order of ease)

Freezing doesn't work. My mate used to work in the Apple store in Glasgow. Apparently the microwave is the best idea, but not for three minutes, a single minute will do.

No, that wouldn't help at all. The juice would end up melting, getting you into even more water damage trouble. You'd need to end up putting it in the microeave for a good 4 to 5 minutes instead of just the 3!

I've had it in a tub of rice since then, is it safe for me to now attempt to put it on charge?

Has your wife signed anything or handed over any other details? Phone your current supplier (nothing would have changed in the time since they knocked the door anyway) and tell them that you have no intention of changing suppliers. They can block the change. Then, contact E-on and tell THEM that you don't want to change. You can expect a "cooling off period" from them whereby you have the chance to change your mind.

You don't actually have to sign anything, about 2 year ago a bloke (N power) came to my door asking if i wanted to change suppliers, told him no and on he went, then a few weeks later received a letter from Scottish gas saying they were sorry that i was leaving them, turned out they had just went and changed me over without my say so.

Myself and a few mates are thinking of heading to Munich for New Year. Can anyone offer any advice? Even if it's don't!

Hotels, boozers, What area of town to stay etc?

Much appreciated.

The wombat hostel is a good 1, right next to the main train station and only a 10 min walk into town

On a further note we have just moved with Virgin. Internet right now is fantastic and going very fast indeed, however not all our channels we cant watch yet. Is it we have to wait a few days for it as we have the full package of having every channel? Mrs is at work so she cant deal with it right now or id have her on the phone finding out.

Thanx again in advance

Going by the way your missus handled the power supplier thing, I'd advise you to phone them or you might end up signing up for Sky, Virgin, Freeview, and Tivo.

Phoned the company today and they didnt have me on there database or anything yet, said they will deal we it when it comes onto the database, told them i am leaving the country but just incase phone on friday to make sure everything is fine. The guy wished me all the best on moving to a new country. :lol:

On a further note we have just moved with Virgin. Internet right now is fantastic and going very fast indeed, however not all our channels we cant watch yet. Is it we have to wait a few days for it as we have the full package of having every channel? Mrs is at work so she cant deal with it right now or id have her on the phone finding out.

Thanx again in advance

Why, is she the one in possession of the brain cell today? Do it yourself.