Quick Question Thread

Anyone know roughly how long you can be out of uni before The Bank of Scotland start charging interest on your student overdraft?

Ta.

To the finishing date of your course you have 12 months of your interest free overdraft left before you get charged £1 a day. Some accounts slip through the radar and you'll have it indefinitely.

To the finishing date of your course you have 12 months of your interest free overdraft left before you get charged £1 a day. Some accounts slip through the radar and you'll have it indefinitely.

Cheers for that.

Mine is at £2400, and I have a year to go. Doubt they'll let mine go unnoticed.

Is it possible to buy the beef drink they sell at stadiums, in my work and some chippies? Comes in a powder sachet rather than Bovril gloop.

I've tried to like Bovril but for me, it just doesn't match the beef drink you get at games. And yes they are different.

You can get the plastic Klix-type cups in some pound shops. They come in stacks with a peel off lid and the powder is inside.

If a passport is out of date by a month would it be accepted as ID in pubs in Glasgow?

Not going to any clubs but going for a day session in a week and my GF passport is out of date at the start of this month and she is waiting on her provisional coming through.

If a passport is out of date by a month would it be accepted as ID in pubs in Glasgow?

Not going to any clubs but going for a day session in a week and my GF passport is out of date at the start of this month and she is waiting on her provisional coming through.

Just give her a wee coke.

It isn't valid ID no but it would be pretty tight of a pub not to accept it but they are within their rights not to.

Thought so, we are just going to some normal pubs throughout the day.

Big group of us going so should be no problems as we will be putting plenty money in their pockets.

If the corners haven't been clipped you'll be fine, the vast majority of bar staff have a glance at the photo and little more. If it is clipped, alot of places will take it anyway, usually with a bank card to validate the name.

Cheers for that.

Mine is at £2400, and I have a year to go. Doubt they'll let mine go unnoticed.

How the hell did you manage to get that much? I'm at £1700 an they won't let me go higher :( I graduate on Friday and my account gets changed to a graduate account and the top overdraft they advertise is £2000. I've just applied for a graduate loan since they won't extend my overdraft any more. I'm jealous.

My passport has been out of date for a year new, and has a photo of me as a 13 year old on it, and I've never been turned away. I sometimes have to double up with my student card but that's just because of how young and adorable I look in my picture.

Does anyone else find that they can walk into a house and tell if there's a TV on somewhere even if you can't hear one? It's almost as if you can 'feel' it in the air.

Yes, definitely. I think it's a high frequency sound you can hear without realising you're hearing it, if you see what I mean.

Does anyone else find that they can walk into a house and tell if there's a TV on somewhere even if you can't hear one? It's almost as if you can 'feel' it in the air.

Yeah, definitely. Although you got it more with old CRT tellies than you do with modern flat screens.

And this is going to sound weird, but if you listen to the first track on The Stone Roses Second Coming, there's a bit around a minute or so in where you can "hear" that same effect. Must be a really high frequency sound that is only just audible to the human ear.

Does anyone on here use Logmein? I downloaded the free trial today and first impressions are that it is the bollocks. Wondering if it is worth the money when I go to Uni in September.

I would like to get into Retail Management. I have been working in Retail for about 9 months as a Sales Assistant. At first it was only a temporary job until I got an apprenticeship or a better job. However I recently got disgracefully overlooked for a Senior Sales Assistant post and it offended me more than I thought it would.

So, is there any college course or the like that I can do that will fast track me up the ladder? I really don't want to do a 3 or 4 year course at uni.

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone on here use Logmein? I downloaded the free trial today and first impressions are that it is the bollocks. Wondering if it is worth the money when I go to Uni in September.

Why would you want to buy it?

I tried it ages ago, but preferred Teamviewer

You would probably have got more replies posting this on the e-chat quick question thread ;)

I would like to get into Retail Management. I have been working in Retail for about 9 months as a Sales Assistant. At first it was only a temporary job until I got an apprenticeship or a better job. However I recently got disgracefully overlooked for a Senior Sales Assistant post and it offended me more than I thought it would.

So, is there any college course or the like that I can do that will fast track me up the ladder? I really don't want to do a 3 or 4 year course at uni.

Thanks in advance.

If you're under 24 (or is it under 20? can't quite remember) then your employer can get an SVQ in retail management paid for by the government for you. Basically an independent training organisation would come into your work once a month or so to assess you and have you do a few exercises. They don't cost you or your employer anything if you're within the age range allowed for and typically last around a year to complete. Afterwards they award you a certificate proving you've attained SVQ Level 2 or whatever level the qualification is. Search online for Skillsmart.