Quick Question Thread

I'm probably going out to watch the Scotland game tomorrow night with a few mates. They all live in the leafy West End though and rarely go to watch football in the pub (my football watching is limited to the city centre). So can you, the P&B masses, recommend a decent pub near the Byers Road area that will be showing the football?

Cheapish pints and a clientele with as few hipsters as possible preferred.

The Rock on Hyndland Road. It's a 5 minute walk (max) from Byres Road. Even when your Tennents and the like are absolutely stowed out, the Rock is alway much quieter. They have a big screen and the drink is reasonably priced.

Sitting in the back sleeping wouldn't.

If you're the only person in the car you're done! You're still clearly "in charge of a vehicle whilst intoxicated" so tough shit you alkie-drink-driver-scum

Edited by Raidernation

If you're the only person in the car you're done! You're still clearly "in charge of a vehicle whilst intoxicated" so tough shit you alkie-drink-driver-scum

Just you stick to giving previously unheard of quality advice on not opening suspicious looking links on suspicious looking emails.

If it wasn't for you I fear my bank account would be empty and my PC riddled with trojan viruses.

I'm probably going out to watch the Scotland game tomorrow night with a few mates. They all live in the leafy West End though and rarely go to watch football in the pub (my football watching is limited to the city centre). So can you, the P&B masses, recommend a decent pub near the Byers Road area that will be showing the football?

Cheapish pints and a clientele with as few hipsters as possible preferred.

Cooper's on Great Western Road.

The Rock on Hyndland Road. It's a 5 minute walk (max) from Byres Road. Even when your Tennents and the like are absolutely stowed out, the Rock is alway much quieter. They have a big screen and the drink is reasonably priced.

Of the 2 suggested, I'd go with Coopers. More TV's than The Rock.

There are no pubs on Byers Road or any of the surrounding streets.

I know, it's a real problem TBH.

Cooper's on Great Western Road.

Of the 2 suggested, I'd go with Coopers. More TV's than The Rock.

Thanks for the suggestions!

£150 for a skip for 2 weeks, is that a good price or not? its the size of one you would normally get on a building site.

I never knew Dundee was so desperate these days. £150 would surely get a short-term rent of a bedroom in a half-decent flatshare surely?

tongue.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

Aye was from a company outside dundee called PYOT, Do you normally pay on the day you get the skips? This is what they want to happen

I've got different contacts for different uses, one is credit terms and one is payment upon completion, but it's not unusual to pay on delivery. Just ensure they won't try and charge you again when they come back to uplift and make sure you ring them at the end of the hire period to off-hire the skip and avoid extra charges.