Quick Question Thread

How much are you 'meant' to spend on an engagement ring? I'm only asking this because I saw Michael W said he had just got engaged, I have no plans to get engaged.

In that case be good, if you can't be good be careful and if you can't be careful buy a pram.

I think the tradition is one months salary.

how much should she spend on yours?

and part of my wage is paid in shares and there are bonuses some months depending on what projects i'm on. is it acceptable to buy on a bad month?

how much should she spend on yours?

and part of my wage is paid in shares and there are bonuses some months depending on what projects i'm on. is it acceptable to buy on a bad month?

Yes.

As for her, personally I wouldnt want an engagement ring so I would prefer cash. Not sure if this is tradition though.

My Xbox Live subscription ran out 40 minutes ago. I have no friends and play FIFA 13 against strangers all day long, so this is kind of a big deal. Is there anywhere on the internet where I can download a renewal code for £30? I can't seem to find anywhere, but I'm sure you can at least download a code insetead of ordering one from Amazon and waiting 5 days for it to come through the post. Please and thank you.

My Xbox Live subscription ran out 40 minutes ago. I have no friends and play FIFA 13 against strangers all day long, so this is kind of a big deal. Is there anywhere on the internet where I can download a renewal code for £30? I can't seem to find anywhere, but I'm sure you can at least download a code insetead of ordering one from Amazon and waiting 5 days for it to come through the post. Please and thank you.

Check out eBay, I've bought exactly what you're after from there a couple of times. Just make sure you buy from someone with good feedback.

I was looking for the code to be emailed or texted to me straight away. This one said it would be delivered by 28 December.

It's possible that there's nobody there now until after Christmas, but I'm 99% sure that they also e-mail you the code since the feedback is all along the lines of 'received code within 15 mins' etc. I don't think they're allowed to explicitly state that you're not buying a physical item, but it's implied. Any time I've bought from these stores on ebay it's usually in my inbox within half an hour, you could always contact the seller to be sure.

Edited by Zanetti

I signed a contract with my employer for temporary employment with no specific end date. They never gave me a copy of said contract - is this illegal? Does it matter if it's permanent or not?

After 13 weeks you have an implied contract I think. Probably easiest just to ask them for a copy though, as temporary work by its very definition will need either an end date or a clause relating to how and under what circumstances they would bring your employment to an end.

It's possible that there's nobody there now until after Christmas, but I'm 99% sure that they also e-mail you the code since the feedback is all along the lines of 'received code within 15 mins' etc. I don't think they're allowed to explicitly state that you're not buying a physical item, but it's implied. Any time I've bought from these stores on ebay it's usually in my inbox within half an hour, you could always contact the seller to be sure.

Ah right, quality. Cheers man.