Quick Question Thread

I'm watching the Leeds vs Chelsea game and the commentator has mentioned that Michael Brown has been sent-off 'no fewer than 8 times in his career' (putting emphasis on the figure suggesting that it's a high number). My question is, is that really a high number as suggested, given that his career has probably spanned about fifteen years or so to date, and he's a defensive midfielder?

I'm watching the Leeds vs Chelsea game and the commentator has mentioned that Michael Brown has been sent-off 'no fewer than 8 times in his career' (putting emphasis on the figure suggesting that it's a high number). My question is, is that really a high number as suggested, given that his career has probably spanned about fifteen years or so to date, and he's a defensive midfielder?

According to the website in the link below John Hartson has the worst record for red cards in his EPL career. This is based on red cards per games played. His record is a red card every 26 games or 6 in 156 appearances.

If this site is accurate the record for the highest number of red cards received in the EPL by a single player is shared by Patrick Viera and Duncan Ferguson on 8 red cards each, based on 307 and 269 appearances respectively.

This is based on the EPL but I would say yes 8 red cards in a career is quite high.

http://thomasswan.hubpages.com/hub/Top-10-Most-Red-Cards-Premier-League

According to the website in the link below John Hartson has the worst record for red cards in his EPL career. This is based on red cards per games played. His record is a red card every 26 games or 6 in 156 appearances.

If this site is accurate the record for the highest number of red cards received in the EPL by a single player is shared by Patrick Viera and Duncan Ferguson on 8 red cards each, based on 307 and 269 appearances respectively.

This is based on the EPL but I would say yes 8 red cards in a career is quite high.

http://thomasswan.hubpages.com/hub/Top-10-Most-Red-Cards-Premier-League

That's quite interesting.

Of course it's all about opinions, but while I agree that it's a high figure for the likes of Hartson or Ferguson as strikers, I wouldn't say eight dismissals in that sort of timeframe for a defensive midfielder is all that high.

Of course it's all about opinions, but while I agree that it's a high figure for the likes of Hartson or Ferguson as strikers, I wouldn't say eight dismissals in that sort of timeframe for a defensive midfielder is all that high.

Based on wiki and Michael Brown's 480 odd league appearances in his career I will guess hes made 620 appearances in all competition in his career. I dont know how accurate that is. The website link in my last post says the average in the EPL is a red card every 132 games. Based on 620 appearances this would be 4.7 red cards so he is above average but as you say for a defensive midfielder it is not that high a number at 8.

Its intersting that two of the worst offenders in EPL history are former OF strikers (J Hartson and D Ferguson) and another Scottish international features in the top 10 in Don Hutchison.

The record for red cards, in English league football, is 13. Both were strikers.

Does anyone else get tingly lips if they've stayed in the flat / house all day? I only ever get this if I've been indoors for half a day since getting up. Extra frequent if you have a massive lie-in and don't see daylight by the time you head out.

Does anyone else get tingly lips if they've stayed in the flat / house all day? I only ever get this if I've been indoors for half a day since getting up. Extra frequent if you have a massive lie-in and don't see daylight by the time you head out.

I used to occasionally get tingly lips but haven't had it for years now. Quite a weird yet strangely enjoyable sensation. Anyway, I just looked this up; hope it doesn't scare you too much:

Tingling lips can be a symptom of allergies, infections, imbalances in blood chemistry, and neurological problems. Numbness, tingling, heat, and other odd sensations in the lips are symptoms, rather than independent conditions, and it is important to see a doctor for evaluation. The doctor can conduct an examination, recommend diagnostic tests, and develop an explanation. Once the doctor determines the cause, it can be treated and the tingling should resolve.

Two questions:-

Firstly, where in Glasgow would anyone recommend getting pair of good black shoes which won't cost the earth, but also won't fall apart after three or four months?

Secondly, how would you calculate your monthly take-home wage from your annual salary?

Cheers.

Secondly, how would you calculate your monthly take-home wage from your annual salary?

Divide by 12? :rolleyes:

Seriously though it'll depend on your tax code/status.............as a rule of thumb I always worked on the basis it was approx 70% of gross pay, no dobt there'll be more accurate 9and intricate) ways to work it out, but the 70% rule seemed to work for me most of the time.

Firstly, where in Glasgow would anyone recommend getting pair of good black shoes which won't cost the earth, but also won't fall apart after three or four months?

Cheers.

1. Next

2. Click here

You can add in pension deductions/bonuese/over time etc by using the menu below where you type in your salary

Cheers.

You probably haven't been since your maw took you to get your feet measured for school shoes but Clarks are good value, comfortable, look decent and keep good longer than any other I've found. I always by my work shoes from there these days.

You probably haven't been since your maw took you to get your feet measured for school shoes but Clarks are good value, comfortable, look decent and keep good longer than any other I've found. I always by my work shoes from there these days.

Not sure if I'm being whooshed or not here with the first part of that statement...

But thanks for the advice contained in your post also.