Quick Question Thread

I haven't been to a pub quiz in years now- how do they work in the age of 90% of the folk there having access to a smartphone?

My pub quiz going heyday was the early 2000s, when the height of skulduggery was texting someone not at the quiz who might know the answer, or even look it up on the internet.

Edited by Fuctifano

I haven't been to a pub quiz in years now- how do they work in the age of 90% of the folk there having access to a smartphone?

My pub quiz going heyday was the early 2000s, when the height of skulduggery was texting someone not at the quiz who might know the answer, or even look it up on the internet.

I've given up on pub quizes at anywhere remotely studenty but thankfully they were only becoming affordable just after I left uni. There's the odd basement pub in Aberdeen which gets no mobile reception though, they're the last haven for these quizzes I reckon.

Genuine story: I was at one of these oil industry charity pub quiz things (the ones where the bar tab ends up being twice the sum of the money raised), a guy gets caught cheating on his smartphone under the table and gets peer pressured by the quizmaster and everyone else in the room to surrender it and donate the sell on fee to the charity. p***k deserved it too.

I was at one a couple of weeks ago and the questions are designed so you can't just use your smart phone. It was a fairly small one though so was easily regulated

I was in work and then started my svq which will be a requirement to work in care, who pays for the course? is it the company or is it state funded because it's becoming a requirement?

I have googled without much luck.

I was in work and then started my svq which will be a requirement to work in care, who pays for the course? is it the company or is it state funded because it's becoming a requirement?

You'll probably not be the first to do this working with the company you are employed by, have you asked them what they have done in previous cases? If you are the first, I'd contact SAAS and see what they have to say about it.

Best of luck.

SVQ's by their nature are competency based and are (in the main) assessed in the workplace. I would presume this will be funded by your employer/sponsor/workplace... but they may put some sort of 'condition' so you don't f**k off once you have achieved it..?

Is there a standard way to wipe your arse?

I had the dubious pleasure of occupying a cubicle next to a guy who was quite clearly taking toilet roll and rubbing his arse backwards and forwards at least 10 times (I started counting) before taking another few sheets and repeating the process.

Is there a standard way to wipe your arse?

I had the dubious pleasure of occupying a cubicle next to a guy who was quite clearly taking toilet roll and rubbing his arse backwards and forwards at least 10 times (I started counting) before taking another few sheets and repeating the process.

Yes there is a standard procedure for wiping your arse and it is not the way your neighbouring shiter went about it.

The proper technique involves folding two sheets of bog roll and doing one swift wipe from front to back. Repeat this process until your toilet paper is jobby free.

Going from back to front carries the risk of slippage which could result in excrement on the hand/wrist area and/or testes.

Yes there is a standard procedure for wiping your arse and it is not the way your neighbouring shiter went about it.

The proper technique involves folding two sheets of bog roll and doing one swift wipe from front to back. Repeat this process until your toilet paper is jobby free.

Going from back to front carries the risk of slippage which could result in excrement on the hand/wrist area and/or testes.

That's roughly what I thought.

Next quick question - do you think the guy wa right to be annoyed when I asked him what the f**k he was up to?

That's roughly what I thought.

Next quick question - do you think the guy wa right to be annoyed when I asked him what the f**k he was up to?

If you asked him with a roguish smile you might have been in there..