Quick Question Thread

Where were the shops on the four corners of Renfield and Argyle Street(Glasgow) in the early 1970s?

I take it you mean the junction of Union Street/Argyle street where the KFC, Pizza Hut and McDonalds are?

Not sure what used to be there before those three but the 4th corner used to be Burton. Think there's some sort of noodle bar there now.

Edited by The Naitch

I take it you mean the junction of Union Street/Argyle street where the KFC, Pizza Hut and McDonalds are?

Not sure what used to be there before those three but the 4th corner used to be Burton. Think there's some sort of noodle bar there now.

Was one of them not Boots?

As I recall Bootses corner was a popular meeting point in the town.

Got stood up by a lassie from Clydebank there many years ago Bitch :lol:

Boots was certainly one, and as Willie posted, it was a sort of meeting place for the young folk.

Not that I remember it obviously, but I mind my Dad telling me years back for some reason.

Guest The Phoenix

Why is my pee the colour of cold tea (without milk)

You been eating liquorice or lots of food with artificial colouring or on medication?

That's the good answer.

The bad one is you've got problems related to your kidney.

I take it you mean the junction of Argyle Street/Union street and Jamaica Street wink.gif

My headphones have broke however i purchased a warranty from HMV when i bought them......Do i have to go to the exact store i bought them from or can i go to any HMV store to replace them?

You should be able to go into any HMV.

Bit of a long shot as only the poster who posted the following will remember and I don't know if he'll read this but - Who is it that when The Big Bang Theory comes on raises their fist in the air at 'we built the pyramids' and 'bang' and shouts these particular lines?

Whoever you are - you're a dick cause I can't stop doing it myself now!

Bit of a long shot as only the poster who posted the following will remember and I don't know if he'll read this but - Who is it that when The Big Bang Theory comes on raises their fist in the air at 'we built the pyramids' and 'bang' and shouts these particular lines?

Whoever you are - you're a dick cause I can't stop doing it myself now!

Me! biggrin.gif

Needs to be done in a West Fife or Yogi-Hughes type accent for maximum effect.

Anyone know of any Bargain Books type shops in Glasgow other than 'The Works'. Looking for somewhere to pick up a cheap but fairly recent quiz book.

As of Saturday, the Cancer Research shop in Aberdeen will have a whole bunch of quiz and trivia books. They just don't know about it yet as the arrivial of my magical box of good-quality shite is imminent.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Is undertaking illegal or just frowned upon?

I was driving on the M8 a while ago and there was an old woman (typical) driving in the right hand lane at at 40/50 mph ffs! Anyway people from the left lame were obviously going past her and most from the right hand lane were going into the left hand lane, going past then back into the right hand lane, so could these people be pulled over?

Obviously it's a fairly ridiculous situation you wouldn't see often.

Is undertaking illegal or just frowned upon?

I was driving on the M8 a while ago and there was an old woman (typical) driving in the right hand lane at at 40/50 mph ffs! Anyway people from the left lame were obviously going past her and most from the right hand lane were going into the left hand lane, going past then back into the right hand lane, so could these people be pulled over?

Obviously it's a fairly ridiculous situation you wouldn't see often.

Illegal , Fred West got jailed for it .

In that situation I described would the police allow it? Maybe pull over the old woman?

It's technically illegal, but I have a hunch that in that situation they'd be more likely to deal with an old woman being in the overtaking lane at 40mph. I'm assuming this was an open motorway with no restrictions?