Quick Question Thread

One of my mates is having a leaving do before he goes to Afghanistan. What's the etiquette here in regards to a card.

Is it a cash in card event or.. Just a drink up send off? What would you expect or have you had similar experience?

Does anyone know what time One Direction came on stage at SECC last night?<br /><br />My wife and youngster are going and are wondering what time to pitch up for.

<br /><br />I don't know for sure but people were leaving the SECC at like quarter past ten, so I would assume half eight-ish. Unsure if they have a support act or not though.<br /><br />Going by yesterday, if they want to go near the front, they will need to start queuing now...

When I post (you'll see here) my posts include some weird texts (<br> or something similar at the beginning and end of the post), anyone have any idea why or how to prevent it from happening?

Aaaaarrrggghh, it didn't happen this time. :(<br /><br />Does anyone know what I mean anyway?

Ah, there it is! See what I mean?<br /><br />I realise all of this makes me sound like an imbecile, but it's annoying me. :(

:lol:

One of my mates is having a leaving do before he goes to Afghanistan. What's the etiquette here in regards to a card.

Is it a cash in card event or.. Just a drink up send off? What would you expect or have you had similar experience?

This weekend is a mate's last before heading to Brazil for a year. His choice was a lads only boozy train away day to Clachnacuddin v Cove before heading back to Aberdeen for a night out. Thought that was the standard procedure. As for a card??? Pah.

Does anyone know what time One Direction came on stage at SECC last night?

My wife and youngster are going and are wondering what time to pitch up for.

Queen St was full of One Direction fan at about 2230 ish when i was heading back from the Rocky Horror Show

Over the past month or so I have been listening to Radio 4 (is that bad?) and have found myself enjoying the afternoon dramas from 2.15 in the afternoon. They obviously vary in storylines but are they available to download (especially the DCI Stone series)?

I can't seem to find anything on the site using my mobile.

Cheers etc

Over the past month or so I have been listening to Radio 4 (is that bad?) and have found myself enjoying the afternoon dramas from 2.15 in the afternoon. They obviously vary in storylines but are they available to download (especially the DCI Stone series)?

I can't seem to find anything on the site using my mobile.

Cheers etc

They're available to stream for a week on a desktop, sometimes for a year, should be the same on mobile, but I haven't tried. You can buy some of them to download or on cd, there's usually a link on the BBC page. As you say, the quality is seriously variable, but some are brilliant.

When I am replying to a topic (like this) can I not select the bold / underline function etc...?

Forget it, I just worked it out.

You haven't even edited that. You figured it out halfway through typing, and still posted the question. :blink:

Not as I remember from a few months ago, but don't blame me if you get caught..

Cheers.

New one: If I used, say the App for P&B, or any App for that matter, would that contribute to the mobile internet usage? I'm going to upgrade my phone and was looking for ways to keep the internet usage as low as possible.