Quick Question Thread

Any good ideas for a good present for a guy's 21st, ideally something they can keep for life? Price isn't too much of an issue.

Buy him some shares for whatever team he supports.

Take it the flatmates you've had before have been people you've already known from Uni?

What's the situation aswell?

Were you both supposed to be moving into someone else's flat I take it and you're now needing someone to stay with you and pay his share, or was it his flat and are you now looking like you might be homeless?

Gumtree/SpareRoom/easyroommate look your best bet. When I've been noseying at what kind of money I can expect to get from a flatmate I've also seen adverts posted on studentroom.

Best of luck.

Aye pretty much everyone I know up here is through uni (outside of work). I'm already in the new place I'm just advertising for a short notice flatmate that can afford a deposit otherwise I'm going to bankrupt myself!

Decided to fling in Sky, broadband and easy access anywhere with my car in for free. #topfuckingguy #desperateguy

Any good ideas for a good present for a guy's 21st, ideally something they can keep for life? Price isn't too much of an issue.

Not sure if you have looked/or its any use but websites like findmeagift.co.uk do lots of personalised stuff if you are wanting a keepsake

A night in a hotel room full of hookers and sir charles

Windy-up/automatic watches are braw and will last several lifetimes if they are serviced. I bought my two here:

http://www.timefactors.com/

The bloke who runs the site is ace. He gets his watches made in Germany with (usually) Swiss and (sometimes) Chinese movements. The quality is brilliant. The upside is that your 21 yo will never meet another person with the same watch.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Windy-up/automatic watches are braw and will last several lifetimes if they are serviced. I bought my two here:

The bloke who runs the site is ace. He gets his watches made in Germany with (usually) Swiss and (sometimes) Chinese movements. The quality is brilliant. The upside is that your 21 yo will never meet another person with the same watch.

They last several lifetimes but you've needed two, just how old are you?!

Kincardine's many faces

post-9645-14353416272553_thumb.jpg

Steady chap! I also have a fair few pairs of cuff links (which may also be a good idea but only if the 21 yo wears double-cuff shirts) a couple of which predate me.

Kincardine's many faces

Naw. Not enough facets to capture my complexity ;)

Here goes.

What is really good weed killer for the garden?

Basically the weeds I don't want coming back up are the ones coming through in between the slabs?

Salt.

Here goes.

What is really good weed killer for the garden?

Basically the weeds I don't want coming back up are the ones coming through in between the slabs?

Mix salt, bleach with some boiling water. Chuck in anything you think might be toxic and put that on them.