The New Raith Rovers Thread

Simon Murray looking like United best player so far against Celtic and just scored a decent goal too. Looks like that puts that rumour of him on loan to bed. From what I've seen of him in the first 40 minutes here against Celtic he's offered more than wighton did in 21 games for us...

I see Hibs have tossed Henri Anier back to Dundee Utd, I think he'd do a job for us.

Feruz has gone back to Chelsea, I think he'll get released from Chelsea in the summer and no I don't fancy him on loan either.

Bring back JJ Hooper I say.

You're kidding right?

:lol: When we have had to sit through the pain of watching Daly and Wighton the last 5 months, It can't be any worse.

Plus I thought he looked not too bad in the game he played as a trialist, from what I can remember anyway :lol:

From what I saw he had 20 good minutes against a Celtic under 19 team and that was it. The rest of the time he looked slow, lazy, uninterested and easily brushed off the ball. The fact he had trials at about 6 Scottish clubs last summer and nobody signed him says a lot. Also the fact that he's only made 5 sub appearances for Port Vale this season. I read an article saying they signed him as a long term investment as he currently lacks the fitness and physical attributes to play regular first team football.

So let's just leave him where he is.

Seems the plastic pitches fared little better than their natural counterparts today out of a possible 6 in play today only Annan Ath and Killie managed to finish the 90 with the latter needing 2 stoppages to clear the lines.

Falkirk not a certainty for tomorrow either.

Edited by Scottydog

Seems the plastic pitches fared little better than their natural counterparts today out of a possible 6 in play today only Annan Ath and Killie managed to finish the 90 with the latter needing 2 stoppages to clear the lines.

Falkirk not a certainty for tomorrow either.

It just shows that it isn't really worth it laying a plastic pitch. It doesn't guarantee anything more than grass.

It just shows that it isn't really worth it laying a plastic pitch. It doesn't guarantee anything more than grass.

Correct, it isn't immune from snow, frost nor flooding the latter being the case at Ochilview a few weeks ago.

If were to be really scurrilous I should have mentioned flares as well, this being the case on several occasions when Sevco's so called supporters ruined various pitches in recent times, Falkirk, QotS being notable instances.

Certainly wouldn't guarantee income either in a town where by next summer there will already by 3 artificial (and all of them 4g if I'm informed correctly) pitches available for hire.

Not worth having unless some other mug is paying for it IMO.

Behave. A plastic pitch clearly isnt going to stop a snow postponement any more than a grass one. The fact that the games at Alloa and Stenny started is ample evidence of the fact they will keep a game on in frost when grass wont unless you have USH.

The fact is that other than Stranraer which has its own weather system (even the snow doesnt want to go there!) the only games played in Scotland today were on plastic or had undersoil heating.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

If were to be really scurrilous I should have mentioned flares as well, this being the case on several occasions when Sevco's so called supporters ruined various pitches in recent times, Falkirk, QotS being notable instances.

Did you mean Annan? I think they had a flare burn from a Rangers visit a couple of years ago. We dont. There was one thrown on their first visit to us but it was extinguished before it burned anything. It wasnt on the playing surface anyway.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Behave. A plastic pitch clearly isnt going to stop a snow postponement any more than a grass one. The fact that the games at Alloa and Stenny started is ample evidence of the fact they will keep a game on in frost when grass wont unless you have USH.

The fact is that other than Stranraer which has its own weather system (even the snow doesnt want to go there!) the only games played in Scotland today were on plastic or had undersoil heating.

I was meant to be playing 7's on an outdoor 4g pitch on Thursday night. We got a phonecall and was told the pitch was frozen so it had to be cancelled..

It doesn't guarantee to make it through frost either..

Did you mean Annan? I think they had a flare burn from a Rangers visit a couple of years ago. We dont. There was one thrown on their first visit to us but it was extinguished before it burned anything. It wasnt on the playing surface anyway.

Was it on the artificial material?