The New Raith Rovers Thread

If a 4g pitch was layed without sorting the drainage issues, games would still be postponed.

Just out of curiosity where would the money coming from to pay for a new surface?

I believe the estimated outlay for new pitch and dressing rooms is somewhere between £150-250K.

Wighton has taken pelters on here but I actually thought in general the crowd was supportive of him during his time with us and wanted him to do well. He was never booed when coming off the bench or given sarcastic cheers when taken off or anything like that (unlike Barry McKay).

Assuming we had a 4G pitch to rent out, the rental of a pitch for 2 hours (length of time for either a game or a training session) would be what about £50, £100 (or more) per hour?

That'd mean if you could rent it out for on average for around 24 hrs a week which is around 4hrs a day (remember we're going to need it too) bringing in between £1200 and £2400 per week (and that would probably only be in winter).

That at best would bring in £62,000 to £124,000 gross per annum, then take off what it'd cost for gas and electricity for hot water in dressing rooms and floodlighting. And then theres tax for the revenue gained from renting them out.

Assuming the very best case scenario and you make £100,000 a year it's still going to take you 3 years to recoup your initial capital outlay according to my (very conservative estimation) and 5 or 6 years according to Andy's more realistic one. All of which is just about in time to start the whole process again as the pitch pretty much like Alloa and worse Ochilview will be totally goosed and in need of replacement. And of course if you have to borrow the money in the 1st place then that time scale increases yet again meaning you may end up paying to play of a knackered surface in dire need of replacement with no funds to do so.

Now if you could get a grant or someone to sponsor it all then that might just be a different story.

Turnbull Hutton once mentioned that it cost £400 per game to use the floodlights, I dread to think what the pitch hire would cost for an evening.

Also there are neighbour issues to contend with regarding the lights being on every night of the week, planning permission was denied for pitches and lighting at Bell Baxter High School for this very reason.

Wonder what wattage those floodlights are. There are 32 floodlights per pylon. That's 128 in total. I was assuming these were 2kW each that's 256kW. £400 seems steep, even if they were on for the game and an hour either side, that should be under £200.

If we changed them all to Philips LED floods we would save a lot on running costs. The initial capital cost would be a problem.

Assuming we had a 4G pitch to rent out, the rental of a pitch for 2 hours (length of time for either a game or a training session) would be what about £50, £100 (or more) per hour?

That'd mean if you could rent it out for on average for around 24 hrs a week which is around 4hrs a day (remember we're going to need it too) bringing in between £1200 and £2400 per week (and that would probably only be in winter).

That at best would bring in £62,000 to £124,000 gross per annum, then take off what it'd cost for gas and electricity for hot water in dressing rooms and floodlighting. And then theres tax for the revenue gained from renting them out.

Assuming the very best case scenario and you make £100,000 a year it's still going to take you 3 years to recoup your initial capital outlay according to my (very conservative estimation) and 5 or 6 years according to Andy's more realistic one. All of which is just about in time to start the whole process again as the pitch pretty much like Alloa and worse Ochilview will be totally goosed and in need of replacement. And of course if you have to borrow the money in the 1st place then that time scale increases yet again meaning you may end up paying to play of a knackered surface in dire need of replacement with no funds to do so.

Now if you could get a grant or someone to sponsor it all then that might just be a different story.

We got a grant for an artificial pitch a couple of years back.

No ground to put it in is an issue mind.

As far as I'm aware, they've considered installing a 4g park, but realistically, didn't think they'd be able to hire it out enough to make it feasible.

Additionally, there's no alternative changing facilities other than the dressing rooms the players use, plus using the floodlights, plus employing someone to take cash, clean up after everyone etc.

Considering how many other alternatives there are in terms of pitch hire in the area, they're probably right that it wouldn't be much of a goer.

As far as I'm aware, they've considered installing a 4g park, but realistically, didn't think they'd be able to hire it out enough to make it feasible.

Additionally, there's no alternative changing facilities other than the dressing rooms the players use, plus using the floodlights, plus employing someone to take cash, clean up after everyone etc.

Considering how many other alternatives there are in terms of pitch hire in the area, they're probably right that it wouldn't be much of a goer.

Plus, Starks Park isnt the easiest to get to if your coming from Thornton/Glentrothes etc. And parking could be a bitch too.

f**k it, get a grant from somewhere build a new ground up atthe area oposite randolph, ground share with east fife, 4G the lot haha..

Just saying..

Another nail in the coffin of the High Street pubs but a welcome boost for the Elbow Room.

The novar and occonnolls could put buses on like styx haha.. While the fife arms bogarts elbow rooms and dining rooms would make a nice wee earnings haha.

Was just adding to aw the rest jumping on the bandwagon.

In all honesty we shouldve done it when the ground was getting reconstructed, but hey ho.

Bit of a random question but, how do you Raith fans rate Cuthbert?

Don't ask :lol:

Pulls off world class saves every week but fails to do the basic things right.

There is also very little communication between him and the back 4 the majority of the time.

We still have Mcgurn on the books as well until the end of next season, which leaves us all asking questions as to why he's not playing instead of Cat.

Why do you ask anyway? Want to swap McGovern for Cuthbert?

Yeah, Cuthbert has been fine this season. He could save 20 shots and score the winner every week and I'd still rather see McGurn in goal, but blinkered views aside he's had a decent season - awful last time round though.

I found his man of the match award against Hibs utterly bemusing though given he threw away the decisive goal...

Yeah, Cuthbert has been fine this season. He could save 20 shots and score the winner every week and I'd still rather see McGurn in goal, but blinkered views aside he's had a decent season - awful last time round though.

I found his man of the match award against Hibs utterly bemusing though given he threw away the decisive goal...

This is decided by people mostly under the influence of alcohol, don't take the decision too seriously.

Don't ask :lol:

Pulls off world class saves every week but fails to do the basic things right.

There is also very little communication between him and the back 4 the majority of the time.

We still have Mcgurn on the books as well until the end of next season, which leaves us all asking questions as to why he's not playing instead of Cat.

Why do you ask anyway? Want to swap McGovern for Cuthbert?

Hellishly harsh. Cuthbert has been as steady as the come, with the odd cracking save thrown in. Last year he had a nightmare, as he himself admitted, but has more than redeemed himself this year. Would happily rather keep him on next season than risk getting in someone far more erratic.