The New Raith Rovers Thread

Even if Connolly isn't as good as a fully fit Vaughan, if his style and attributes are reasonably similar, it would be an added bonus if he could get a bit more out of Stewart, which Vaughan's presence seemed to achieve.

On a completely different topic, I love the fact the boy who's won the shirt sponsorship raffle has no idea what he'd like to put on the front of the jerseys.

You'd think he'd maybe have given it some consideration.

He did use the word creative.

A delighted manager said: I am absolutely over the moon to have signed a player of Aidans calibre.

He will certainly be a valuable addition to our squad.

Aidan is a very creative player and he will gives us something extra.

I think it is great that the club has been able to attract someone as talented as him.

Meh, very poor compared to his "he's a quality player with qualities to add to the existing qualities" one.

Send McCord back to the Recs please.

He ran them ragged that night. Outstanding performance.

Indeed. That was a great performance overall that night. I mind both sets of fans were in the same stand and the Clyde fans weren't chuffed to find us all in their wee singing section just before KO, plod moved them on and their end end was ours haha.

He did use the word creative.

A delighted manager said: “I am absolutely over the moon to have signed a player of Aidan’s calibre.

“He will certainly be a valuable addition to our squad.

“Aidan is a very creative player and he will gives us something extra.

“I think it is great that the club has been able to attract someone as talented as him.”

He said that about Petrie too.

I think that dressing room picture must be a spoof....surely, jeezo he'd have to stand on the bench to reach the peg! Also 1.65m = 5'5" every inch counts...at least that's what the wife says.

Connolly may prove to be quite an astute acquisition if he can get his confidence back through game time. At the very least he provides us with a wide option for an area that Ray seemed to have decided (wrongly as it appears) that he didn't need options in.

He now has to sign some one who can get on the end of things and hold the ball up, otherwise this type of signing is pointless.

Edited by Scottydog

This level is a lot more forgiving than the top flight. Especially for smaller players. John Baird is a case in point. He's never cracked the top flight but has a ridiculous goals ratio for Falkirk (and a good one for ourselves). I'll reserve judgement on Connolly. Hopefully he sees us a good chance to push on and prove himself to both Mixu and Thompson.

4 games without a win, or even a goal now. Winter really is Pish...

Still fourth though :lol:

No idea how..

1 win in 10 now.

Whenever a rovers fan is asked what Grant Murrays managerial career at us was like. The first thing that most of us would say is 3 wins in 20.. Mckinnons on course for being worse than that. I'm not shouting for him to get the boot or anything as that would be downright laughable but everybody who was screaming for Murray to get the boot after his poor run will surely start to show up before much longer.

2 part-time teams at home within 11 days... Coming away with 1 point is ridiculous.. Even if we are creating numerous chances.

Connolly best player on the park today by a country mile. Really looking forward to see what he can offer us going forward. We do need that striker in before the visit of Queens next week though. Thats a must.

Coming away with 1 point is ridiculous.. Even if we are creating numerous chances.

Connolly best player on the park today by a country mile. Really looking forward to see what he can offer us going forward. We do need that striker in before the visit of Queens next week though. Thats a must.

But we aren't creating numerous chances. That team today could have played until next week and still not scored. As has already been stated Robertson has been rank rotten for weeks and should be dropped. How many games have we won since he came into the side? Callachan and Craigen need rested as well. Matthews is better than all 3 of them and should be a first pick in midfield.

And after that fresh-air swipe this afternoon Stewart needs benched as well.

But we aren't creating numerous chances. That team today could have played until next week and still not scored. As has already been stated Robertson has been rank rotten for weeks and should be dropped. How many games have we won since he came into the side? Callachan and Craigen need rested as well. Matthews is better than all 3 of them and should be a first pick in midfield.

Agree about Stewart, I thought he was poor today. However do we have anyone better than him to play up front?

Too many players off form just now. The likes of Callachan and Craigen have been dire for weeks while Robertson is a disgrace of a player. Then add in the fact that Stewart is our only centre forward and he also looks short of confidence and we don't have any shortage of problems for McKinnon to sort out.

Who do we replace they 3 players with though? If McCord played that game today, that would have more than likely been a loss.. Petrie isn't ready for first team football.. That only leaves Matthews really..

McCord could do a decent job if we're going to go with a central 3 in midfield, and we certainly have more than enough midfielders to justify that. The extra player in there can make up for his shortcomings, mainly a lack of pace. He is in that mould of not obviously being an attacking player or a defensive one, so put one of each around him and it may just work.

I also wonder if the absence of his set pieces is something that hinders us at the moment - he is the best we have at them and we can't buy a goal at all. Bolstering our threat at corners and free kicks would ultimately be welcome.

Scott Robertson is a real enigma. Really not cutting it, but you just know if he leaves he'll sign for Dundee United (or the other team that comes down) and will be an absolute standout.

Oh, and yeah: STRIKER PLZ RAY.

Edited by Michael W