The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm sure our average the season after we were last in the Premier was around 3500. Oh to have that now :(

In our last season in the Premier League (1996/97) our average home attendance figure was 5,920. The following year in the First Division it was 3421.

Rovers development side are 2-0 up at Alloa tonight. Half time.

ETA - Alloa penalty saved by Rovers' keeper. Still 2-0.

Craig Barr played 90 minutes tonight and scored. He'd presumably still be miles short of match fitness for Saturday, but it might be needs must for the game.

The game finished 0-4 Jonny Court getting the last goal, Barr looked decent throughout, McCord and Anderson played the ninety, Grant being the stand out of the three senior players.

Uurrgghh that is shite news. However, I think it has been so long since we saw him that a lot of us have forgotten that Craig Barr is actually a good footballer, as well as being a very natural leader. Let's hope he can regain his match fitness quickly and step straight in, because we're absolutely going to need him.

Bambino, Hibs poster on here( a mate of Vaughans) has kept us updated through it all and told us, he got on fine but would be another 2 weeks away from full training. That was about a week ago..

Yeah that's about right. He's chomping at the bit to go but patience is required in able to fully recover and come back fitter. New contract is on the table also and that will be signed despite interest elsewhere.

Uurrgghh that is shite news. However, I think it has been so long since we saw him that a lot of us have forgotten that Craig Barr is actually a good footballer, as well as being a very natural leader. Let's hope he can regain his match fitness quickly and step straight in, because we're absolutely going to need him.

Yeah, it tends to be forgotten in all the teeth gnashing about his injuries but he's a decent defender at this level, and even if the lack of game time/pre season means he'll not last the pace over the last run of games, he should be good enough to get us through the next couple.

Edited by renton

You could argue that as a centre half (traditionally not the most mobile of players) he doesn't need to do tons of running and may therefore last the piece. I watched him have about 65-70 mins last week against Stirling and again against Alloa where he played the full 90.

My guess is that Ray played him for the full game last night to see both if he could last 90 mins and if there was an adverse reaction afterwards.

I could be miles off on the above and I could be wrong with this too but with about 25 mins to go at Alloa when I expected him to bring off Mango Laurie took off Mackie and slid Ford to over to LB and Matthews back to RB. Having seen this Wouldn't be at all surprised (if Davo isn't fit) to see a back four of Matthews, Thomson, Barr and McKeown.

We should be doing anything possible to put Thomson out wide at RB.

The difference on Sat when he came was fucking ridiculous.

Yeah, it gave connolly a base to get forward from, so that he was doing most of his good work in the opposition half and not his own.

We should be doing anything possible to put Thomson out wide at RB.

The difference on Sat when he came was fucking ridiculous.

Assuming Davo isn't available (didn't feature last night) Ray could do what we did in the cup at Aberdeen (when Sparky had his car crash) and throw a big midfielder into the centre of defence. I seem to recall Simmons was excellent that night. Robertson at Centre half with Barr?

Sort the defence out like that and we have loads of options for midfield, play LL and AC on the wings and play any two of Cal, McCord, Craigen and Matthews in the middle.

Assuming Davo isn't available (didn't feature last night) Ray could do what we did in the cup at Aberdeen (when Sparky had his car crash) and throw a big midfielder into the centre of defence. I seem to recall Simmons was excellent that night. Robertson at Centre half with Barr?

Sort the defence out like that and we have loads of options for midfield, play LL and AC on the wings and play any two of Cal, McCord, Craigen and Matthews in the middle.

Talking of Aberdeen away in the cup, it's six years today! What a night!

Yeah, great night that. We had an Aberdeen-supporting mate with us in the away end: before the game he was a bit worried about being able to keep his affiliations secret, but in the end his team caused him no problems at all - he sat on his hands and said pretty much nothing throughout.

(You still sometimes see Raith fans slagging off Simmons. Mental.)