The New Raith Rovers Thread

Having been burnt with my adulation of the Craig Wighton singing and then the subsequent let down, I don't want to get too carried away with this one, however that is a really cracking player to bring in.

With Stewart starting to find a bit of spark, Harry looking like he is going to hit the ground running it looks like McKinnon will have a bit of a selection dilemma. Not a bad thing of course.

My only hope is that he turns up with a better attitude than the one Barrie McKay had.

Replacing Daly and Wighton with Panayiotou and Hardie is excellent business by Ray, even if it took a little longer than most of us would have liked.

Question would Murray have got those two? Let's acknowledge we have a good manager and get behind him.

Anyone watched the interview with Aiden Connelly on Raith Tv....... Great player but did anyone else get the impression he comes across as a wee p***k?? Maybe it's just me

I didn't think that, but I did get the impression towards the end of it he couldn't be arsed with the interview anymore haha, totally chomping at the bit to get away - but that might have been due the fact his car share was ready to leave haha...

Quality player though! I do hope he's here next season.

I've never understood people getting wound up about footballers not looking interested or being passionate about the club they play for.

It's a job how many of us sing the praises of our employer and bleed the companies colours. As long as they show effort and are professional I couldn't care.

I doubt anyone who until the start of the season was regularly playing Premier League football with Dundee United is choking to commit to Raith Rovers long term.

If he keeps his head down and plays well for us then, on paper, there's no reason he shouldn't be signing for a club at the level of Dundee/ICT/County/St Johnstone etc.

Not everyone grows up wanting to play for Raith Rovers for all their career. He's a very good signing for us and hopefully can help fire us k to the play-offs.

I'd like him to stay, based on what I've seen. Doubt he'll be going back to Utd and I'd say we have as much chance as anyone else if he's looking for something. Good connection with McKinnon via his old man, close to home etc. Wait and see of course, but I'd be hopeful. RMcK has already spoken about one or two players already identified and being brought in for next year - Connolly might be one of them.

I think Ray should be looking at the lower leagues next season. Dundee Utd were famous for finding talent from these divisions. I think if Peterhead don't get promoted, we should be looking at Sutherland. I brought this up a while back and was basically laughed at. But yet he's banging in the goals.