The New Raith Rovers Thread

"A full squad retained / released list will be announced shortly"

Doubt there will be many surprises. Goalkeeping situation will be interesting, as far as I can see we have four on the books still.

I expect mckeown connelly and probably laidlaw and/or law to be released aswell. Laidlaw is too injury prone for his age to make it professional and law just doesn't look like he has the ability from my admittedly limited time of seeing him.

Is ford the guy we signed from hearts? Don't think iv ever seen him play but going off of fm he is a rb?

I expect mckeown connelly and probably laidlaw and/or law to be released aswell. Laidlaw is too injury prone for his age to make it professional and law just doesn't look like he has the ability from my admittedly limited time of seeing him.

Is ford the guy we signed from hearts? Don't think iv ever seen him play but going off of fm he is a rb?

I was hoping Mckeown and Connolly might come under a third 'contract offered' option. Aye, Ford is a right back.

Edited by renton

Retained/released does sound a bit definite, particularly with Connolly and McKeown. You would assume those two have other offers, however.

Soon find out I guess. I Imagine anyone who hasn't signed already will be released.

Edited by Michael W

Surprised Accies kept Longridge on, most on here seemed happy he was punted out on loan to us. I'd have been happy to keep him, showed what he was all about once he got himself properly fit. I've heard McKeown was going abroad or to England, might be total shite though.

What about Grantie though? Ohhhh, Grantie Grantie, Grantie Grantie Grantie Grantie Anderson :(

Longridge has re-signed with us.

I know a few of you were hoping he'd stay on.

What an utter fool.

He was shipped out on loan in the last 6 months of his contract as he wasn't wanted at Accies. He played well for us. Canning changed his mind and all is forgiven by Longridge..? Idiot.

He's not good enough for the top league. That's guaranteed so it looks like Canning is preparing for relegation next season.

I thought Longridge was decent. Was open-minded on him coming back, although I'm not too fussed that he's signed again with Accies.

He is not too dissimilar to Grant Anderson, given the physical attributes he brought to the team. 

What an utter fool.

He was shipped out on loan in the last 6 months of his contract as he wasn't wanted at Accies. He played well for us. Canning changed his mind and all is forgiven by Longridge..? Idiot.

He's not good enough for the top league. That's guaranteed so it looks like Canning is preparing for relegation next season.

Who is to say there was an offer on the table from us?

Ooft. You ok M9? Never thought Louis Longridge would have this effect on someone.

:lol: I'm fine thanks. He was my number one signing priority of the summer. I'd have rather had him than Aiden Connolly if being honest so I'm a big disappointed with his choice understandably. He's basically signed for a man who told him, he wasn't wanted. Not sure why anyone would do that to be honest.

:lol: I'm fine thanks. He was my number one signing priority of the summer. I'd have rather had him than Aiden Connolly if being honest so I'm a big disappointed with his choice understandably. He's basically signed for a man who told him, he wasn't wanted. Not sure why anyone would do that to be honest.

Money ?

As they say, football is all about opinions. I really, really don't understand why anyone would rather have Longridge than Connolly. Seems to be quite a few people of the same opinion though so fair enough.

Would have liked Longridge back but think Barr will be a more than adequate replacement.

Connolly is fine against the part-time sides but he didn't make a huge impression against the better sides in the league. He's probably a bit of a luxury we can do without. Longridge seemed a bit more reliable to me, even if he isn't as talented.

Not that it matters now that neither will be with us next season.

As they say, football is all about opinions. I really, really don't understand why anyone would rather have Longridge than Connolly. Seems to be quite a few people of the same opinion though so fair enough.

Would have liked Longridge back but think Barr will be a more than adequate replacement.

This

Green one to MN in error

Edited by Rovers_Lad