The New Raith Rovers Thread

These last few pages have been a chore to trawl through but from what I can gather some Rovers fans expect to finish above us with Gary Locke in charge? Interesting.

Where do Rovers fans think we should be aiming, out of interest?

Calm doon flower, it's only the net. Not real life :lol:

I'm calm hen, it's not real life you say well thanks for pointing that out to me, just thought I would put you in your place! As I said Rovers obsession ! Your still posting on the rovers forum

These last few pages have been a chore to trawl through but from what I can gather some Rovers fans expect to finish above us with Gary Locke in charge? Interesting.

Where do Rovers fans think we should be aiming, out of interest?

Not a rovers fan but I reckon you will be top 5/6 with the right signings. We finished comfy fourth in our first year up albeit in a weaker league than the current one. Will be a tight league from 3rd or 4th down to 8th I reckon next year.

Okay, a lot of peeps seemed to be a little underwhelmed by Locke's appointment. I am more than willing to give the new management team a chance, then benchmark has been set so they have to do as good as last season at least. I was reminded by someone the other night that when Locke was in charge of Hearts they went on a pretty good run of games, and if it had not been for their points deduction would have been a better position. Not sure about what he did at Killie, but things have never been good there. Not sure even a world class manager would sort that out.  

I am looking forward to next season, the Championship is going be a belter, the Prem will just be Rangers/Celtic and their nosiey whataboutery will drown out everything else. I hope Hearts/Aberdeen can at least split them apart and keep the wet coast shills in the sports desks from boasting that we ( when I mean we I mean Scottish football) have been missing the Celtic/Rangers show.   So this season I will just concentrate on the Championship. Best League in the World. 

Bobby Barr signing confirmed - link.

"A full squad retained / released list will be announced shortly"

Doubt there will be many surprises. Goalkeeping situation will be interesting, as far as I can see we have four on the books still.