The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm not sure I've got anything to move on from. All seems fairly standard to me. "Guy gets better job, leaves previous job". You guys are the ones crying into your pillows and bemoaning the unfairness of it all.

What an arse/troll* (*delete as appropriate) You're keeping things stirred up nicely here prolonging the whole affair, it is perhaps you that needs to move on.

I don't think you need to read between the lines to come to that conclusion and it's rather naive to think he would do anything else. Indeed I'd be surprised if you'd find any manager - or anyone in a similar situation - who wouldn't use their inside knowledge to their advantage. Let's say McKinnon knows how much it would take to get Toshney, are you seriously suggesting that he should forego that knowledge, or indeed deliberately pay over the odds, because of a past loyalty to Rovers? That's positively dishonest. Raith have been appropriately compensated for both McKinnon and Toshney. Some of you chaps need to grow up and move on.

Fair points.

I was a wee bit Capt. Obvious there.

My annoyance stems from the whole way the transfer went, but on the plus side, we've had a fee for someone who obviously didn't want to be here.

It seems to me that toshney is a bit of a fud. Fair enough want to better yourself but at least be professional about it. Phoning in "sick" when your out playing gold with ray (may/may not be true) is just pathetic. If he's the professional ray quoted him as being then he wouldn't do that.

We got a fee for someone who wasn't really worth a fee regardless of him getting the fpoty last season, so good.

Let's move on and see what pish Gary fucking locke decides to bring in as his replacement.

What an arse/troll* (*delete as appropriate) You're keeping things stirred up nicely here prolonging the whole affair, it is perhaps you that needs to move on.

Come now, you chaps were wetting your knickers quite nicely before I arrived and will no doubt continue after I move on.

I appreciate that I wasn't invited to the pity party but it's a public forum and if you're going to be so silly you're going to have to accept that sometimes you'll get called up on it. Tell you what, I'll stop pointing out your silliness on this thread if you stop your tiresome whining on the United thread. Deal?

Come now, you chaps were wetting your knickers quite nicely before I arrived and will no doubt continue after I move on. I appreciate that I wasn't invited to the pity party but it's a public forum and if you're going to be so silly you're going to have to accept that sometimes you'll get called up on it. Tell you what, I'll stop pointing out your silliness on this thread if you stop your tiresome whining on the United thread. Deal?

knew Toshney would move on, accepted it. Not really bothered about it to be honest.

Any player who no longer wants to stay at the club can leave. Not really bothered about how he left either. Some folk are just like that. His preogitive. Sure it looks like a a swift 2 fingers to the Rovers, but so what?

What United have got is a decent player for this level, one of our better players sure. But he's no better than Craig Barr in my opinion.

But yeah, let's get some new players in and hopefully have a good season. Bobby Barr and Craig Johnston look good on first viewing. Vaughan looked good as well, and completed the 90 minutes. Obviously need a striker badly, but hopefully we can get a couple in this week.

Roll on a wee visit to the Hedge on Saturday. The venue of one of my favourite ever Rovers matches...

Neither Stewart or McHattie's injuries are too serious which is a relief, although they'll both be absent tomorrow.

Considering we only had a squad of 15 on Tuesday, it'll be a fairly empty bench unless we've a trialist or two to come in. I'm guessing this Cosgrove boy will be one though.

It's pretty disgraceful for Ray McKinnon to use his knowledge of Rovers' perilous financial situation as a way of getting a player on the cheap. Total dick move IMO.

Just sit tight, someone will be along soon. 🎣