The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

If rudi signs that'll be the business done for the summer and u would expect loans later on.

The squad actually looks alright due to mckinnon tying a good few up before he left. 

I wonder if that will come back to bite his arse later on in the season.

Its now up to GL to show he can gel them into a competitive and winning side, but on paper its quite a decent and strong squad. Well done rovers.

Tonight will show us just how good we will be.

If rudi signs that'll be the business done for the summer and u would expect loans later on.

The squad actually looks alright due to mckinnon tying a good few up before he left. 

No place for the Danish guy then?

29 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

It's a open forum discussing Scottish football champ: if you have a problem with people shaking their heads in pity at your club's grubby antics, slither off back to Fantalk or whichever shit, one-club forum represents your fanbase best.

Next. 

It's no skin off my sac what opposition fans think of our club. One things for sure we don't need Skacel to take, yet again, 12 points off your mob next season. Unlucky champ.

21 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I'd rather have an ageing Skacel, than that Mcmanus guy Morton have. 

Was that the one that VikingTon said turned us down because we were nobodies, before we signed Hardie and Connolly and beat them 2 further times on our way to the playoffs? Happy days. 

http://www.raithrovers.net/25711/jambo-legend-lured-back-to-scotland.htm

Fucking hell, whoever passed on letting that on the OS?

Such a wee team thing to do.

I am  delighted to confirm that Joel Coustrain has signed for Raith Rovers and hope that he can bring success to the club and also gain invaluable experience from what I have seen so far is a well run & historically important  club, We are now your newest supporters and hope to visit you soon to see some live matches.

You are my rovers

Regards

Joel's Dad

Historically important club? What does that even mean?

It's no skin off my sac what opposition fans think of our club. One things for sure we don't need Skacel to take, yet again, 12 points off your mob next season. Unlucky champ.

It's one thing to bite to VT, but f**k me it absolutely reeks of desperation to copy the guy.

39 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I'd rather have an ageing Skacel, than that Mcmanus guy Morton have. 

What 'McManus' would that be in our current squad?

Flailing aimlessly at all-comers on this thread, it seems. 

2 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

What 'McManus' would that be in our current squad?

Flailing aimlessly at all-comers on this thread, it seems. 

My bad, I thought he had signed again.  Squad must be worse than I thought if even he isnt coming back. 

7 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

My bad, I thought he had signed again.  Squad must be worse than I thought if even he isnt coming back. 

It's not quite so bad that we'd consider spunking a considerable chunk of our budget on a nearly 37-year old with a handful of competitive appearances in the past few years though. And were it not for Raith trying their best to become a tragic, Hearts B side, you wouldn't be doing so either.

There's a bit in the Courier where Locke references 'if we can get a wee bit of help' then Skacel could sign. So seems they're looking for some outside help, in the same manner McKinnon received it for a couple of players last season.

At least that would explain the bizarre eulogy on the website.

It's not quite so bad that we'd consider spunking a considerable chunk of our budget on a nearly 37-year old with a handful of competitive appearances in the past few years though. And were it not for Raith trying their best to become a tragic, Hearts B side, you wouldn't be doing so either.

He'd be Locke's second ex-hearts signing. By all accounts, that'd meant Duffy's habit of picking up ex-Airdrie players must mean the same.

Medical this afternoon according to my sources. [emoji20] 

Who? Skacel?

The article just says he'll link up with the squad for training as of Monday, and that he'll continue to try and get him to agree terms. Unless it's been a lot easier than expected..

Not once has the article said, the deal will solely be as a player. I reckon it'll be a player/coach deal. And in that case, I reckon it would be a brilliant coup..

Just now, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Who? Skacel?

The article just says he'll link up with the squad for training as of Monday, and that he'll continue to try and get him to agree terms. Unless it's been a lot easier than expected..

Not once has the article said, the deal will solely be as a player. I reckon it'll be a player/coach deal. And in that case, I reckon it would be a brilliant coup..

He was back in Scotland last night and is expected to have his medical this afternoon. 

Why would a player/coach be a brilliant coup?  Who has he coached previously? 

49 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Considerable chunk of our budget? Given we've got a squad of 19 already signed up, how much money do you actually think we have to spend?