The New Raith Rovers Thread

Great effort by the board, get 1200 season ticket holders on board then slash the walk up prices on the eve of the big kick off!

I'm a season ticket holder. Having done the fag paper maths I'll still be making a saving if we have 2 games a month at home. There's no reason to complain really.

7 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I'm a season ticket holder. Having done the fag paper maths I'll still be making a saving if we have 2 games a month at home. There's no reason to complain really.

I'm not really complaining TBH. I just remember how the board made a big deal about McGurn signing a new deal just as season tickets were about to be renewed then just before the season started they punted him out on loan.

1 hour ago, Caskie Rover said:

Batesy on the Bench for Rangers today, unused but he must have made a decent impression

Sevco were only one of a number of bigger clubs who were alerted to and interested inthe talents of DB after his exploits last season. This really isn't really a surprise that he's gone there, though admittedly it kinda is that he's in their 1st team squad even against a wee team. Wouldn't be shocked though if they made an offer, Batsey is class.

Bates is average at best hence why if we have a full squad available he'll be nowhere near our starting line up let alone holding down a place at Rangers. Talk of him being class or head and shoulders above X, Y and Z is hilarious.

Bates is average at best hence why if we have a full squad available he'll be nowhere near our starting line up let alone holding down a place at Rangers. Talk of him being class or head and shoulders above X, Y and Z is hilarious.

We have M'Voto as one of our current first choice CB's. Case closed.

He can't exactly be 'average at best' if one of the top teams has taken an interest in him.

I honestly can't remember him putting a foot wrong in any game I've seen of his.

58 minutes ago, Raithie said:

This

40 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

This

Great input, as ever. 

Has Bates had a decent run at centre half? I can only really remember him getting a run of games whilst being shoehorned into right back. Both unfair to call him average off the back of being flung into an unnatural position and naive to say he'll be walking into the Rangers back line (obviously that comment was tongue in cheek). I don't think of us have seen enough of him at centre back to be making judgement calls on his ability, but he obviously has impressed enough that he is where he currently is.

He's a bench warmer unless someone gets injured hence why he got his opportunity last season then was promptly dropped when players started returning. If he's not breaking into our first time just now I'll be surprised if he ever will let alone doing anything of note at Rangers.

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

He's a bench warmer unless someone gets injured hence why he got his opportunity last season then was promptly dropped when players started returning. If he's not breaking into our first time just now I'll be surprised if he ever will let alone doing anything of note at Rangers.

You seem unnaturally upset about about a 19 year old with less than 20 appearances for the club.